Sunday, March 25, 2018

Budget Vegan

I've learned that while meal planning and prepping doesn't really work for me, I can batch cook certain things like beans and then use them throughout the week. I tend to eat a lot of brown rice pasta with marinara because it's a simple meal for after work. So I made a big batch of lentils that I can throw in with the pasta and sauce. I also plan on using some for lentil quesadillas for lunch. I used to eat some kind of bean or legume everyday, but lately I have definitely slipped. So knowing that I have lentils already cooked I have no excuses. And Trader Joe's tomato basil marinara is a really great inexpensive sauce. It's under two dollars and you can make several batches of pasta with one jar. This meal was probably a little over one dollar and it was filling and delicious. Not to mention super quick since the lentils were already cooked!
Speaking of amazing deals, the store where I work did a a reset on the frozen section. That means they reorganized what they will be carrying and are getting rid of what they won't be carrying. This vegan ice cream which I have never heard of, and also had no idea we even had this in the store was one dollar!! I tasted it when I got home and oh my. I have to see if we have more today because this stuff is divine. It tastes like a non vegan lemon meringue pie yogurt I used to love. It's definitely random but if you see this anywhere try  it!!

3 comments:

  1. I have tunnel vision on that ice cream! It sounds so good and what a great deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ice cream sounds excellent! I hope they have more there, so you can buy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! There are some great cheap vegan sauces out there!

    ReplyDelete