Thursday, March 8, 2018

Some Delicious Vegan Food


Although the Forager Project cashewgurt is my favorite vegan yogurt, I've always loved Silk brand too. It's creamy and the flavors are pretty tasty. I saw vanilla the other day when I got groceries and got one to try at work. I really loved it. It had specks of vanilla bean and you can tell the vanilla flavor is real, not made in a test tube. What I like about Silk is that it is usually less expensive than other yogurts and can be found in most grocery stores. The vanilla would be great with some berries and granola if you're into that kind of thing.
Yesterday's smoothie featuring baby kale, frozen strawberries and mango, banana an maca powder. I forgot how creamy frozen mango is in a smoothie.
I've had one of those weeks and also it is that time when I really need chocolate so I mixed these two things together and made brownies! When you sub a can of coconut milk with boxed cake or brownie mix you don't even need to use an egg replacer!
They came out great! They have that crackle-y top with a fudge-y middle. Very choclate-y and no weird gluten free taste or texture.
I have been seriously craving burritos and quesadillas on soft flour tortillas for awhile now. I've tried gluten free tortillas and in all honesty they frustrate me. I don't even want to attempt to make a burrito with a gluten free tortilla. So I cheated and bought these tortillas that are made with wheat flour but don't have a gazillion ingredients that scare me. I made some quesadillas last night and will freeze the rest for the next time I get a craving that won't go away. I forgot how amazing and wonderful and delicious and pliable gluten is!!!
Yum. I stuffed my quesadillas homemade refried beans, thinly sliced potatoes that I had baked with smoked paprika and garlic, and vegan shreds. I already want more! Served with a side salad and some tomatillo salsa for dipping.
Afro and Etta cuddling and being cute. Notice Afro is not shy about showing her belly. She knows no one can resist it!!
In case anyone was wondering, I changed the belt on my vacuum all by myself! I know it sounds silly but that is a super big deal for me! I only recently learned what a Philips head screwdriver looks like!






8 comments:

  1. I've always loved the Silk yogurts! Sometimes, you just need soy! It does make for thicker, creamier yogurt (and milk too!) Those brownies look amazing! Now I'm craving chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so in love with cashewgurt I forgot how delicious Silk yogurt is.
      The brownies were too good!!

      Delete
  2. Great work on the vacuum!
    I definitely agree, there is nothing store-bought as good as a soft, flour tortilla. Though I have made my own corn tortillas a few times, and they have been really yummy! But I don't always have time and energy to do that. Luckily I am gluten-full, but frustrating for the gluten-free folk that they haven't sorted out a decent tortilla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just really needed a soft flour tortilla. The gluten free wraps are okay, it's just that they are so expensive and they are not pliable AT ALL! The quesadillas were worth the cheat!

      Delete
  3. Yum, brownies and quesadillas! And congrats on changing the vacuum belt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a delicious day! I seriously feel very accomplished now that I know how to change a vacuum belt!

      Delete
  4. I definitely need to try that silk yogurt, it sounds so good! That is such a great tip for the brownie mix, I'm definitely going to have to try that! Your quesadillas look delicious and hooray for floofy kitty bellies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot how good the Silk yogurt actually is. It's really creamy and they have pretty decent flavor selection. The vanilla was really good!
      The quesadillas were so good. Totally worth the cheat!

      Delete