Friday, March 2, 2018

Vegan Eats and Drinks

I've been eating a few bites of this Kimchi from Farmhouse Culture everyday. People are still getting sick and coughing and sniffling all over me so I'm all about probiotics. And hand sanitizer!
Frozen blueberries and strawberries, kale, maca powder and banana. I forgot how much stronger of a flavor kale is in a smoothie than spinach. This may not look green but it taste very green!
In addition to probiotics and hand sanitizer I'm also trying to have a lot of vitamin C. This is carrot orange juice and it's so sweet and delicious!
This is kale, orange and carrot juice. I like kale better in green juices than smoothies I think. I didn't mean to do a smoothie/juice thing all day but I just kind of went with what my body wanted.
I had some cashew cheese leftover from pizza night, so I boiled a potato with a few cloves of garlic and blended the cheese, a little bit of the cooking water and the potato and garlic for a quick Alfredo sauce for dinner. While my brown rice spaghetti was cooking I sauteed some Brussels sprouts, leftover cooked white beans and garlic with a little Tamari, nooch and liquid smoke. I had this mixture with my pasta and it was one of the best meals I've had in awhile!
This was so good! The tamari, nooch and liquid smoke gave the beans and sprouts such a deep delicious flavor it went really well with the creamy pasta. Crushed red pepper added a little kick at the end. I will definitely be making this again!
Here's more of Kanye enjoying the magnificent soft fluff of the Afro belly! It's been super windy and so my windows are whistling and Kanye has been a little scared and needing extra cuddles!







10 comments:

  1. That's my FAVORITE kimchi. I've only had it once because (around here) I can only find it at Whole Foods and I hardly ever get over there. I promised myself that next time I go, I'm going to buy three bags. So, so good.

    That meal with the Alfredo on one side and brussels/beans on the other should so not work, but somehow it really does. It looks effin' delicious. Dude, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely my favorite kimchi too. It just has the perfect amount of everything.
      Isa Chandra has a recipe for roasted red pepper mac and cheese topped with roasted Brussels sprouts so i kind of riffed off that idea. It seriously was one of my favorite things I've made and eaten in a very long time.

      Delete
  2. Lovely juices! And Eats! I have been wanting to locate that Farmhouse Culture stuff since I tried that Gut Punch beverage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find it soon! I've ha their sauerkraut and now the kimchi and they are both stellar!

      Delete
  3. Your dinner looks amazing! Love the kitty cuddles, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was so so tasty! I love the cuddles so much too!

      Delete
  4. Oooh that Alfredo sauce looks so incredible! The juice and smoothie and kimchi is creating a wall of immunity I'd think ;) Everything looks so colorful and lovely and delicious! Love the cuddle fluff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Alfredo turned out so great! And it was mostly potato!
      I really hope I've built a wall of immunity. People are still snotting and sneezing all over!!

      Delete
  5. Yeah, i agree, kale is definitely better in juice than smoothies. I’ve seen that kimchi before but haven’t tried it yet- i have actually been making my own vegan white kimchi (since i love the stuff and it’s pretty expensive at the rate i eat it!)

    Orange carrot juice is one of my favorite combos, especially with a little ginger added it. And I discovered that for green juices when i mix in a tiny pinch of salt and a bit of black pepper it’s like one hundred times more delicious!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  6. That alfredo sauce looks and sounds amazing! Gourmet dinner!

    ReplyDelete