Monday, March 5, 2018

Starting Healthy and Ending Junky!

Yesterday I started the day with this delicious green juice. It has kale, orange, carrot and a small knob of ginger. I used a new to me orange, I think it's called a sumo tangerine or something like that. They're very sweet so even though I added a ton of kale, it tasted like orange juice. I know some people can drink super green juices with all greens but I definitely need some fruit.

 I had a small piece of tofu, two potatoes and some cooked black beans that needed to be used so I made a scramble. I also had an avocado that needed to be used so tacos seemed like the obvious choice.
As I mentioned yesterday I'm having a little battle with the blues so I definitely ate some feelings before bed with this bowl of Ben&Jerry's coconut seven layer bar. It's so amazingly delicious but wow is it high in calories! Totally worth the splurge. And sometimes you just need a bowl of ice cream!
As I was dozing off last night, I looked down and this is what I saw! Kanye in her happy place! Does she look content or what? Just like vegan ice cream we all need a warm fluffy belly sometimes!





4 comments:

  1. Oh! The eats look great! I'm sure hungry for tacos lately, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh your food looks good and it's so funny that we seem to be reaching for the same things lately (you'll see in today's post and friday's post, ha!). Gotta love the vegan ice cream and fluffy bellies to help with the blues. I hope that you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kale and orange juice is great together! Even though it does make a lovely color.... ;)) tacos are seriously the best for odds and ends- those look really good!
    Ice cream and fluffy kitty bellies are both good for mental health. So they’re both practically medicine.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cats look so snuggly!
    I use to be able to drink those really green drinks, but not anymore! It is definetly something you build yourself up to! lol

    ReplyDelete