Monday, March 26, 2018

Old and New

I tried these at work last night. Pretty tasty, although they definitely are not what I would call spicy. But they have a great chip like texture. I have no idea why I took the picture above the break room sink! I had a rough one and by the time I took this pic I was pretty frazzled.
Having those cooked lentils has really made my life easier and healthier! I've been throwing them in simple quesadillas with nooch and vegan shreds and throwing them in my pasta and marinara.
As I mentioned yesterday the store I work at is doing a reset on the frozen section. They've reorganized and decided what they will continue to sell and what they aren't going to have. The bad news is these Jolly Llama treats are out, but the good news is they are only one dollar a box!! I've had the salted caramel before and they are AHMAZING, and I tried a raspberry pop last night and almost cried it's so delicious! They're like a soft serve push up pop. Or something like that. Creamy and fruity! They're only seventy calories a pop too! Raspberry puree is the first ingredient, and the other ingredients include cane sugar, rice syrup solids, water, citric acid, xanthan gum, and vitamin C. I don't know how they got them so creamy, you would swear they have coconut or some kind of plant milk in them. We also have blackberry pops for one dollar. I feel like a crazy food hoarder but I think I have to get them. I usually don't have these because they aren't really in my food budget, so this may be my last chance to have them for awhile. Anyway I highly recommend these pops if you can find them.
Here's another picture of Kanye being adorable. She loves this ribbon that came on who know's what.




6 comments:

  1. Ooooh the lentils look so good! And those pops! $1 is a great deal, I totally support getting the blackberry ones too ;) they won't go bad and they will last a while and for that price you can't go wrong! Love sweet Kanye!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pasta with lentils and marinara looks so good! And those pops sound amazing! Cute Kanye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely stock up on the pops for that price! I like the idea of batch cooking one thing to use in different recipes. I ended up with loads of spare quinoa on Sunday after following a recipe that made way too much but it's been great to put in bowl meals yesterday and today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely be buying alllll of the $1 pops and vegan ice cream! It’s fantastic to know there’s a treat waiting in the freezer for when you need it.
    Those lentils have come in handy! I love doing prep and some batch cooking on the weekend so when i’m hangry it’s more meal assembly than more involved cooking.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy all the pops!!!
    I laughed reading your description of the potato chips as not very spicy, because I bet that I would find them too spicy! My sensitive palate. ;)

    ReplyDelete