Saturday, March 10, 2018

Clearance Shelves

Last night at work I walked by our clearance shelves and saw this green mint tea and these nut pods vegan creamer. The nut pods must have come in a shipment accidentally because I know we don't sell them. I've seen them at Natural Grocers but they're pricey so I've never tried them.
Yes, that's right one dollar for the nut pods!! And I needed more green tea since I forgot tea at Trader Joe's last week. I asked people on the Gram if they've tried nut pods and a few people said they liked it. I might pick up another carton if we have more to cook with since it's unsweetened. It's made with coconut cream and almonds so that could make some creamy sauces!!!
I made some potato wedges for lunch yesterday. I seasoned the wedges with salt, pepper, curry powder and smoked paprika. I dipped them in a ketchup/sriracha just mayo combo.
Quick sushi bowl for dinner. I forgot to have my little seaweed wraps with this. I was so tired and disgusted when I got home it was a struggle to make this super easy meal. I'm glad I made it though, it did make me feel a little better.
They're making the cashiers take this ridiculous test about what department things are in, and also wanting us to memorize the produce codes. There are like five million codes, it's never going to happen. As I've mentioned the grocery I work at is more of a junky store, so sometimes I go days ringing up junk food only, no joke. I'm just really struggling because some of the things that are said and expected are completely ridiculous that it's so hard to not roll my eyes, laugh and walk out. We have kind of a script that we're supposed to say and they actually send secret shoppers in to check on us!! I'm getting dinged as soon as I get secret shopped because I am not a robot and I don't follow the script. So, needless to say I've been casually looking for another job, now I will be aggressively looking.
Joan totally posed for this picture! They're all very excited because yesterday I washed our sheets and duvet cover so the bed is extra nice. She doesn't show her belly often, but it sure is nice when she does!




4 comments:

  1. Joan looks a lot like my Snickers. Your potato wedges look great! Have a great Saturday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading your blog for awhile now and am rooting for you to find a better place to work. Trader Joe's just seems like such a better fit. I knew someone years ago who worked there and said they treated the employees well-hopefully that's still the case. If not there, I hope you find something you enjoy more soon, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice clearance scores, and your meals look delicious! Joan is so adorable! :)
    Wishing you the best of luck in your new job search! The whole "secret shopper" thing sounds so bizarre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope a new job comes along soon! That seems ridiculous expecting you to know all the codes. That is why there are scanners! Also, as long as you are pleasant, does it really matter if you follow a script? Boo.

    ReplyDelete