Saturday, March 3, 2018

Very Descrptive Day

I had some leftover potato/cashew Alfredo so I mixed it with a little horseradish and made like a vegan horsey sauce as a dip for my oven fries. It was really really tasty lunch. Potatoes for life!
Another hummus about to expire meant a free hummus for me! I got some Fritos because they were on sale and right in front of my face for a work snack. I'm usually okay going eight hours without eating at work, but yesterday my body was letting me know that I needed something. And getting hangry while dealing with rude people is really never a good idea. I know they're bad, but why are fritos so good?
Up until yesterday we've only carried GT's kombucha at my work. I noticed that we now have two kevita drinks. One is this Roots Beer booch and the other is the lime coconut mojito probiotic drink. I decided to try the Roots Beer and blech on top of blech on top of blech. I love the Live beverages root beer booch, but this is just wrong. I don't even know how to describe it. It doesn't taste like any root beer I've ever had. Maybe it tastes like a super fancy, artisinal small batch root beer or something. I don't know but yuk.
I did myself a favor and had some tofu marinating all night while I was at work. When I got home all I did was bake it while the rice cooked. Dinner in under twenty! That's faster than most frozen meals take to heat and it was homemade and fresh. The marinade was another throw things together and see kind of deal. I know I used gochujang, soyaki and hoisin. I also thinned it out with a little tamari and sesame oil. I've noticed that marinating tofu for a long time and then baking it really gives it a chewy bite. I want to say meaty but I hate using that word. Toothsome maybe? It just gives the texture some oomph. Boy my description game is strong today! Blech, yuk and oomph.
The snow is melting an the temps are finally rising a little so the squirrels are back to their regular schedules and Joan and Kanye are living for it!!





9 comments:

  1. I'll have to take a look for that kombucha! I love root beer (or other similar root drinks, like moxie, sassperilla, birch, etc) Maybe I can put my finger on what makes it weird? I had a root beer kombucha once, and it was too kombucha-y and not enough root XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you find it and try it please let me know. I mean I couldn't even finish it. I took one drink an was like NO, JUST NO, I gave it to a coworker!

      Delete
  2. Ugh, what a bummer on the icky kombucha! The free hummus is awesome, and fritos are absolutely some of the best chips EVER. I really think you have to bring something as a snack to work, even if it’s just some sunflower seeds and raisins or a few dates with nut butter to boost your energy.
    I know what you mean about marinating tofu for a while before baking, it gets the best texture!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That booch was the worst!! And I usually like kevita's booch. I gave it. to a coworker because I just couldn't make myself drink it.
      Dates with peanut butter sound like a great idea. Something quick I can just pop in my mouth since I get only ten minutes and no privacy

      Delete
    2. Sometimes you can find soft dates in bulk bins- if they’re too hard then i just soak for an hour in hot water and drain and pat dry and fill the inside with a gob of nut butter. The balance of carbs/fat/protein is perfect for an energy boost between meals. I bring those anytime i’m traveling since they’re fine room temp for hours
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  3. Hooray for free hummus with Fritos! Your dinner looks so good; I really should marinate tofu more! Glad the squirrels are back to entertain the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free hummus is the best, especially when it's the yellow lentil hummus which is one of my favorites!
      I don't marinate tofu often enough, it's so good!
      It snowed a lot last night so now we'll have to wait for it to melt before the squirrels come back out. The girls will be bored waiting!!

      Delete
  4. I've been looking for the Roots Beer flavor, too!

    Ahhh! Potato Sticks...NEED SOME>>>WANT SOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disappointing that the kombucha flavour was not good. :(
    Yay for free hummus from work! Free hummus is the best hummus.
    Glad to see that the squirrels are out and about again for the girls.

    ReplyDelete