Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Vegan Hauls and Stuff

Potatoes,coconut water, coconut milk,lemons,garlic,onions,tofu, frozen mango,sriracha,baby kale,vegan shreds,bananas,carrots,cabbage,edamame,cold brew coffee, brown rice spaghetti
This is my little haul from Trader Joe's yesterday. Pretty much the usual except in exciting news I decided to get frozen mango instead of strawberries for my smoothies! And I also decided to try baby kale for my greens.
I got this reusable bag and a few goodies for one of my coworker's birthday. Everything is vegan except for the cookie baton things which are filled with milk chocolate. She loves fruit leather or fruit roll ups so I got her a bunch of their fruit strips and the strawberry cereal bars and also the accidentally vegan caramel corn. She loved it and really loved the bag. I told her Trader Joe's makes the best reusable bags. Very sturdy and last a very long time. She even said that since it's so bright and nice it will encourage her to bring it and use it!! Less waste for the win!
I  saw these Lightlife white bean and kale slices. I've heard these are excellent.  They were right above the tofu, next to the tofurkey and other veggie meats.
One of my coworkers pointed out the I can't believe it's not Butter! vegan version at our store last night. The really great thing is that the store I work at is not super vegan friendly, but there is obviously a demand. We sell out of a lot of the gardein products we offer regularly. An almost every day people ask for vegan cheese which for some insane reason we don't carry. Anyway the demand is growing for vegan products and that always makes me happy!
I had to go buy a belt for my vacuum cleaner this morning, an when I was walking home I walked by this! Gorgeous tulips growing right next to a big pile of snow! I don't think I've ever seen that before!!
An something else that always makes me very happy. Kanye and Etta snuggling! That sweater Kanye is laying on is now a permanent part of my bed. It's an ugly old sweater I used to wear around the house, and one day I tossed it on the bed and it's been a fan fave ever since. Kanye in particular loves to lay on it!
Wish me luck changing this belt. I've never changed a vacuum belt before! I guess someone has always helped me. I don't know but I'm not really a fix it kind of person. Or maybe I am, we shall see!






10 comments:

  1. Good luck with the belt!
    I love that the cats have not only decorated the house with the thing on the table, but have also accented your bed with a permanent sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed the belt!! I was so proud of myself!! I'm very lucky to have such amazing interior designers!

      Delete
  2. Love the photo of the flowers coming up next to the snow, and good luck changing the belt on your vacuum! Sweet Etta & Kanye! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed the belt! I feel like such a grown up now. Sad but true. Kanye and Etta are so cute it hurts my heart!

      Delete
  3. Always love a haul!

    As far as those Lightlife White Bean & Kale slices - meh. I bought those and another style (made with different ingredients - I can't remember what) a few months ago and wasn't impressed. They tasted okay, but if someone is looking for an alternative to deli meats, these didn't really scratch that itch, in my opinion. And they're very fragile. Super difficult to peel apart. They just kept clinging together and breaking into bitsy pieces when I tried to separate them. So, as far as I'm concerned, you're not missing much.

    Your sweet little Kanye really loves that belly fluff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. They are made with gluten otherwise I would have liked to try them. Tofurky has always been my fave vegan deli slice. I think Whole Foods has a couple of flavors of those Lightlife slices.
      She loves a fluffy belly for sure!

      Delete
  4. Oooh another great haul! What a great gift for your coworker, I always forget about the caramel corn at trader joe's! The flowers are so pretty! I've seen some random flowers sprout right after a snow storm but it's so rare and such a cool thing to see!

    Yay for fluffy kitty piles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget about the caramel corn too. I'm so used to caramel anything not being vegan.
      I've never seen flowers growing right by snow before. It was a really beautiful thing to see!
      Fluff piles are the best!

      Delete
  5. That is really so sweet and very generous of you to get that gift for your coworker! Those fruit leather things are SO good...

    The baby kale will definitely be better for smoothies- and i love adding in frozen mango it really adds that creamy texture. Great that TJs has a new faux meat slice!
    I noticed the vegan can’t believe its not butter too but i am very loyal to original earth balance.
    I read the other day that the number of people who drink/buy nondairy milk is still skyrocketing and will soon overtake sales of actual dairy milk!!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I see those lightlife deli slices at Trader Joe's I'm going to pick them up! They sound yummy.

    Horray for flowers! I love when greenery grows through snow.

    ReplyDelete