Sunday, March 18, 2018

Score!

Yesterday this sweet lady came through my line and she had all these jars of artichoke pesto that were from our clearance rack and were one dollar! I was intrigued because it said vegan front and center! Jarred pesto almost always has cheese and I rarely see artichoke pesto. I asked her if she noticed anymore jars and she said she had grabbed them all. But she left one behind so I could buy it. I was dreaming of artichoke pesto pasta all night!
Once I got home from work and fed the crew, I just boiled some brown rice pasta and stirred in some of the pesto and some nooch of course. So incredibly easy.
Not the prettiest, but man is it delicious! It's not too oily, full of artichokes and doesn't have a strong taste of preservatives. I would definitely buy this again. 
Not all clearance items at grocery stores are damaged or near expiration. The trucks that deliver the food and other products deliver to various stores, so sometimes a store will get a product that they don't normally carry so they just throw it on clearance to get rid of it. That was the case with this pesto. I also got a stick of crystal rock deodorant a month or so ago for one dollar for the same reason. I can't say I'm a grocery store expert because I only work at one store, but I would guess it's the same at a lot of stores. Budget tip of the day!
So I've posted a few picture of Joan cuddling with Roxy and Etta which is so unusual for her. Yesterday morning things were back to normal. Opposite corner from any cuddling!



3 comments:

  1. Nice score on the pesto; your pasta sounds like it turned out great! Looks like Joan got her fill of cuddling, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really sweet of the customer to leave one for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pesto - I need it in my life - sounds YUMMERS!

    ReplyDelete