Sunday, March 11, 2018

Comfort Eats

I wanted to make a tofu scramble yesterday, but I also wanted to do yoga and I didn't have time to do both before work. So I made kind of a baked tofu scramble! That way I could do yoga while my tofu and potatoes baked. I seasoned the potatoes and tofu cubes with turmeric, smoked paprika, onion powder, nooch and salt and pepper. I topped the bowl with avocado and green dragon sauce. Delicious!
We still had some nut pods on the clearance shelves so I bought another pod to make mac and cheese. I just mixed the pods with some tapioca starch for thickening, and of course nooch, salt and pepper and garlic powder. I stirred it into some cooked brown rice pasta and let it bubble and thicken. Then I turned off the heat, added a handful of vegan shreds and covered the pot for a few minutes.
It turned out great! The nut pods are creamy and have a neutral taste which makes them great for cooking!
I was so surprised to see this happening yesterday. Joan and Roxy rarely cuddle with each other. As a matter of fact they both have favorite spots on my bed and they are pretty much on opposite sides.
I saw some very exciting news on the gram yesterday. Apparently Field Roast has now launched three new Chao dips and dressings. Here is a little piece about them. I'm most excited about the peppercorn ranch! Also big points for the wide mouthed jars!!
Happy Spring!


3 comments:

  1. The King Soopers where I shop is really good about putting items on clearance or Manager's Special when they are still before expiration. I've picked up many bagged salads that way, and a few bags of rice! I've not seen the nut pods you mention, so I'll have to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart idea to bake while you do yoga. It looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the baked tofu and potatoes! A delicious way to multitask.
    We have Field Roast meaty products here, but I am yet to see any Chao varieties appear. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete