Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Hauls and Stuff

Tangerines,lime fruit floes,spinach,carrots,frozen fries and hash browns,lemons, frozen mango,tofu,red onion, avocado,Jasmine rice,bananas,coconut milk,lemons,baby sweet peppers,coconut aminos,brown rice pasta,green chilis,Jasmine tea, coconut water
I wasn't very inspired when I went to Trader Joe's. I tried but once again the crowds got to me. I do have a few fun things I'm going to cook but other than that I definitely stuck to the usual suspects. 
I've been looking for the return of the chicken-less Mandarin orange morsels and the day has finally come! I'm curious if anyone has tried the new formula yet?
Yesterday was warm enough to wear flip flops! I had the time of my life till I had to go to work and lock my feet up in their prisons. When I was looking through old pictures the other day, I came across a picture from last year on the first day I could wear flip flops. It was march 14, 2017. Yesterday was March 13 so one day sooner!
This is Joan every time I take a shower. She loves to watch the water drip down the curtain. She sits on the toilet while I shower patiently waiting for me to get out. She doesn't even care that the tub is wet!
Etta and Afro both love my new reusable bag. Etta has made herself comfy and I still have a few things in the bag!!! But just look at that face!!
As I'm sure everyone knows today the National School Walkout and my coworker who recently went vegan and is in high school participated. I am so proud of all of these kids. I feel pretty cynical about much changing because my whole life I've been told to be patient, things will change/get better and I'm still waiting. But something feels different about this movement. It isn't losing steam, we aren't losing interest and moving on to the next thing. I truly think this generation will create some change.
I also just read that Donatella Versace has decided to go fur free! Gucci and Armani have already gone fur free, so that's pretty big. I am so not into fashion and even I know those are three big names in fashion!
I'll leave you with this sweet picture of Etta an Roxy having the best nap ever. These two rarely cudle so this was another rare and sweet moment. I'm so thankful for my girls.





7 comments:

  1. Sweet snuggle buns. In the entire time she had sisters, I never found Dim Sim snuggling with either of them. Gizmo and Sahara used to snuggle with each other.
    Dim Sim also loves to sit in the bathtub! But she is more in it to drink the water from the bottom of it. I have to make sure I always wash it out well when I get out to get rid of any residue, and then run some fresh cold water for her. She doesn't mind sitting in puddles either! (Actually, she jumped INTO the shower with me one day, she doesn't mind water at all...she goes out into the catmax when it rains to get wet!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like Dim Sim and Joan would somehow be friends. Joan has jumped in the shower while I've been in it too! And she is definitely not a cuddle kitty. Kanye has to really force herself on Joan to get a snuggle!!

      Delete
  2. Hooray for flip-flops; I'm definitely looking forward to flip-flop weather! I was so inspired by the students doing the school walkout; that's so great that your coworker participated! Sweet Etta and Roxy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so inspired by all the students who participated too. They're going to make changes I can just feel it.

      Delete
  3. Etta looks so fuzzy on that bag! My cat use to like using paper bags to sit on, but she doesn't get the opportunity as much anymore. Do your cats like to walk into the bags? Mine does whenever I am unloading all the food.

    I tried the new orange "chicken" nuggets. I like them, but the nuggets are much smaller. I haven't decided if I like that or not. I am thinking I like it since it feels like I am getting more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love to walk into paper bags, and Etta and Afro are obsessed with the bag she's laying on! They want to be in it, on it, an around it. It's pretty hilarious!
      Did you think the orange morsels were orangier than before? Someone tried them on YouTube but they ha never had the old version. They were surprise by the punch of orange so I wondered if the sauce was a little different.

      Delete
    2. I didn't notice too much a difference, but I am thinking maybe since the pieces are smaller there is more surface area for the sauce to cling to? And therefore more orange flavor.

      Delete