Sunday, April 12, 2015

Laundry, Chips, Carpets

I've been sitting in front of this computer for awhile now, and all I really want to do is whine about having to go to the laundry, and deal with all the weirdos(not in a good way.) It makes me wish I was rich and wasteful, I would just go buy new clothes. As long as I remember my pepper spray, I should be safe.(?) At least the sun is shining, it's over forty degrees, and it seems like spring might actually be here for real this time! Woot, woot!
Before I brave the streets, I wanted to make a very delicious chip suggestion. The Co-op had a sale on these Flamous Falafel Chips that I had been eyeballing for a while so I picked up a bag, and wowsers these things are great! They are made from corn, and a blend of beans including chickpeas. The rest of the ingredients are super clean, just some organic oil, and organic spices. They are gluten-free, organic, and also nut and soy free. These chips taste amazing with roasted garlic hummus. They have a savory, herby garlic flavor that really does remind me of falafel! The original(green and brown bag) is not spicy, but I see on their website that they do have a spicy falafel chip that is in a red and brown bag. I would love to get my hands on the spicy flavor! This company seems to really care about good tasting healthy snacks, and I feel happy to support them. I think these chips would be a hit at any type of gathering, and I feel like they would please even hard-core junk food junkies. I have heard some chip "experts" say that chips such as Beanfields, which are made entirely of beans have a texture that is too "beany". Not sure what that means, because I love Beanfield's, but it is what I've heard. Since the Flamous Falafel chips are made with corns and beans, they are more like a traditional tortilla chip.
I recommend these chips, and I really recommend trying them with some roasted garlic hummus.
My Earthy tip of the day is baking soda! Baking soda is an amazing deodorizer for your carpets, especially if you have a fur family! Just sprinkle a light coating, and let sit for any amount of time, then vacuum away! I've been doing this for over a year now, and as someone who works out at home, my face is in my carpet often, and my carpets are fresh, and odor free, even with multiple kitties! And baking soda is so much safer for everyone than those horrible carpet deodorizer powders they sell.
Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment