Friday, April 3, 2015

Feeling Qrunchy!

I was so busy learning stuff yesterday, when it came time for dinner, I needed something quick, and I just happened  to have a new to me veggie burger in my freezer. They're called Qrunch, and they are burgers made out of quinoa, and millet, various veggies, and spices. I'm super impressed with the ingredient list. Not a funky word in the lot!  I had the spicy Italian flavor, and while I wouldn't say they are spicy, I will say they are full of flavor. These are the old school, you know it's a veggie burger kind of burger. I mean that in the best way possible. As a matter of fact, these are in my top five, if not my all time favorite veggie burger of all time. I baked my burger in the oven, and it got crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. I could really taste the fennel. These burgers would taste great in a hoagie roll, with some marinara, and vegan mozzarella, or provolone. I melted a piece of coconut herb Chao on my patty, and they were perfect for each other. I've tasted a lot of the gluten free veggie burgers out there, and this one takes the cake. I think my Wegman's has the original Qrunch burger, along with this spicy Italian. I will try the original for sure. It looks like they have a lot of fun flavors, and after perusing their website, it looks like all of their qrunch burgers are vegan! The guys who started the company wanted to make products that their gluten free, and vegan friends could enjoy. Reading that makes the burgers somehow even more delicious, and makes me want to support them even more! I love finding new little companies who are really making amazing food. If you're a vegan who isn't fond of the super meaty vegan burgers, you will love these.
As part of Earth month celebration, I just wanted to throw out into the universe that caring for yourself, and loving yourself opens the doors for caring more about things other than yourself, such as our beautiful planet earth.When you feel better, you need less, so you use less. What feels like a lifetime ago, I was a typical consumer. Had to drive everywhere, had to lotion and potion up, make-up, malls, BUY! If you would have told me one day I would actually not drive anymore, use coconut oil for moisture, baking soda to clean body, hair, and house, I would have never ever believed you. But, somewhere along the way, I became a minimalist, and my life is so much more satisfying, and peaceful. I became gentle towards the earth when I became more gentle with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment