Friday, April 17, 2015

I'll Say it again, Animals Rule, People Drool!

Dylan has been hogging the spotlight on my blog, so I figured I would introduce two more members of my fur family. The grey one in the back is afro, you can't tell in the picture, but she has an afro! The one in the front is named Etta, or sometimes known as Yetti spaghetti. I shudder to think about how lonely my life would be without my little fam. I know that no matter how many  side-eyes, and eye rolls I get, someone is going to be happy to see me. And my cats think I'm pretty damn entertaining, and quite frankly, I trust their judgment more than most humans. Animals have always played a very important role in my life, and as a child, I remember finding a lot of subjects boring, but I would voraciously read any and all books on every type of animal I could find. As a small child, I would beg my grandparents to read me Black Beauty by Anna Sewell over and over, and it never stopped making me cry. When I meet people who don't like animals, I feel like I have nothing at all to say to them. I don't even mean that in a judgmental way, it's just that I absolutely cannot relate to someone who doesn't like animals.My first memory of being disappointed in the human race was when I first realized that other people didn't care about animals, and we as a human race were not only allowing all of these terrible things to happen, but we were the ones doing it!
Although I certainly never set out to become a "crazy cat lady", I wish I could adopt more. I can't imagine my life without animals, and at this stage of my life, I don't think I could sleep at night without cats in bed with me.It's not sleep if I'm not being pushed out of bed!
Onto a food related topic, I ordered some black salt, or Kala Namak from Amazon, and according to them I should be receiving it on Monday! I couldn't be more excited! I have been wanting to experiment with a tofu egg-less salad, but I want to add a dash of this sulfurous salt to really make it special. I thought at some point the Co-op, or even Wegman's would have carried this, but no such luck. Since I live in a town where there are no specialty shops that might carry this, high five to a life where Amazon exists. The fact that I don't have to take a bus anywhere to get this is pretty effing AWESOME!!
Have you experienced the wonder that is black salt??

No comments:

Post a Comment