Thursday, May 31, 2018

Treeless Toilet Paper, Vegan White Castle and More!

I've now used all three of the products I bought from Brandless which is an online store that sells all kinds of stuff for three dollars. I ordered extra virgin olive oil, all purpose cleaner and my favorite of all treeless toilet paper!! I paid nine dollars for all three things. The olive oil is organic, the cleaner is cruelty free and eco friendly, and the toilet paper is treeless(!) so that's a great deal. The olive oil is a standard good quality olive oil. The cleaner is summer breeze scent and it leaves a very light clean smell. And it makes my apartment sparkle! And what can I say about the toilet paper other than I am obsessed. I don't think I can ever go back to regular toilet paper. I was worried it would be kind of stiff but it is not. It's as soft as paper. It's definitely stronger which makes sense because it's made with sugarcane leaves and bamboo. The package comes with six double rolls equaling twelve regular rolls and I find that the rolls last much longer than other double rolls. I am so impressed and I'm also grateful to Brandless for making things affordable. I would probably not be able to afford a specialty toilet paper like this because at a regular store I'm sure it would be triple the price. And now I tried it, fell in love and I can maybe encourage others to try it. I feel like a lot more people would buy more eco friendly products if they were more affordable.  As I mentioned before I contacted them to make sure their cleaning products were cruelty free, and they are part of Peta's beauty without bunnies campaign. So all of their beauty, household and office/cleaning supplies are cruelty free!!
So there I was walking down the very non vegan freezer section at work and my spidey senses stirred and look what I spied just living with non vegan junk like hot pockets and other scary items that are allowed to be called food. I remember reading a few years ago that they were serving vegan burgers, but I didn't know they were also selling them in stores!! I love that Vegan is so proudly displayed on the box!!!
I hate buying anything at work, but this is one novelty item I couldn't pass up. Plus, I was hangry, towards the end of a horrific shift, and an easy peasy dinner felt necessary. I chose the black bean variety. Both of the slider patties are made by Dr. Praeger. I have never had their black bean burger so it made my choice easy. The directions are for the microwave but since I don't own one I just used the oven. I  plopped a little jalapeno mustard on top. Since they are obviously precooked on a grill, or possibly deep fried they have that fast food kind of crispy, slightly greasy in a good way taste. And the burgers were not mushy as some of the Dr. Praeger's burgers can be. I would put these up there with the Gardein sliders. And I think it's great that White Castle is offering vegan options! Non vegans might also be more willing to try something vegan from a known name too. I mean White Castle certainly isn't going to sneak wheatgrass into anything! I feel like fear of the unknown stops a lot of people from trying vegan food so maybe this takes a little fear out.
I had an earlier shift yesterday so I walked home when it was still light out and felt like a normal human being. It rocked. I also got to checkout the neighborhood book box and I found some goodies!! For so, so many reasons books make me feel very happy.
I had ordered this cat grass kit from Chewy last week. The picture on their website showed the grass already grown which was what I expected. I almost cried when my order came and I saw that I had to grow it!! I have a black thumb. If you are a suicidal plant come to me and I will assist you. It's so funny because my mom had the biggest green thumb ever and it definitely skipped a generation. But look, against all odds it's growing!!!





8 comments:

  1. Omg,thanks so much for posting about the White Castle burgers.Going to check stores for theses,asap.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find them, they're soooo good!!

      Delete
  2. What a great find with those things from Brandless! I am baffled how so much of their stuff is organic...?!
    There’s actually a white castle not far from me- i have never had white castle ever - and i was curious about stopping to try the vegan ones but i have serious trust issues with fast food restaurants especially and usually just the smell in a fast food place turns my stomacha bit. But that’s totally fantastic to find them to make at home! And nice to know they’re from dr praeger and not made from sketchy stuff.
    Ttrockwood
    PS
    Trader joe’s new bars “this peanut goes on a date” or something like that are really good! They’re soft and a little sticky but basically dates and peanuts, and good work snack potential for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like there is no way I would ever try the sliders unless I could see exactly what's going on. But after years of working in restaurants I don't trust any restaurant. But the store bought version is really tasty an the burgers are somehow a better texture than non White Castle versions.
      I don't know how Brandless does it to be honest, but I really appreciate being able to buy things I normally can't afford.
      I saw those bars on the Gram! They're definitely on my list!

      Delete
  3. So much awesome stuff in one post! Thanks for sharing about Brandless, I'm definitely going to have to check out their site! It sounds like they have amazing stuff! How cool about the White Castle sliders too! Great finds in the book box as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with Brandless, They have all kinds of stuff. An I love that all of their cleaning and beauty supplies are cruelty free. I feel good supporting a company that cares about that stuff.

      Delete
    2. When i was looking around the website they have a “refer a friend” thing! So you have to log into your account and post that link for us- it’s a discount for the new friend ordering AND like $6 product credit for you :))
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  4. I somehow got super behind on reading blog posts, so I am catching up now! I was wondering how the toilet paper would go, glad it is nice!

    ReplyDelete