Tuesday, May 15, 2018

News and What I Ate

I know there are a lot of Miyokos Kitchen lovers out there, and I just watched a video from the Vegan Zombie where he was taste testing three new vegan cream cheese flavors that aren't out yet, but are supposed to be out by this summer! They tasted plain, cheddar and a vegan lox flavor. Here is the video if anyone would like to watch it. Vegan cheddar cheese cream cheese sounds pretty amazing!
This was a green smoothie believe it or not. I really packed in the spinach but the blueberries took over! This also had flax seed and banana. I've noticed that using flax regularly definitely helps with my depression. It doesn't take it away of course, I just find it easier to deal with. And it gives you that Omega glow!
I made lentil and rice burritos with the Ezekiel tortillas and potato queso. I just love that it feels like you're eating a super creamy decadent burrito but the sauce is made from veggies!! I used this Salsa Queen salsa in the queso and a little on top of my burrito. It's a local company started by a mother who wanted healthy snacks for her kids. The gourmet red chili is spicy and smoky, I love it!
I had one of these delicious goodpops for dessert. Although I've never had an actual mojito with rum, I've had mojito flavored things and I feel like mojito fans will love these!
Joan intensely watched a birds for cats video for forty five minutes yesterday! It was pretty funny because she would go from the laptop to the window and she would chirp at the birds and almost jump to the windowsill, but then get drawn back in to the video. It was pretty adorable!







12 comments:

  1. Awwwww. I love watching cats watch bird videos! Mine get pretty interested for a minute or two and then get bored. But how cool that she watched for 45 minutes!

    Also that burrito looks AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my other girls get bored after a minute too, but Joan and Roxy will watch them forever!!

      Delete
  2. How funny that she watched for 45 minutes! So stinking cute! The burrito looks so incredible and the pops sound so refreshing! I love your tea bag sayings as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan really loves to watch bird videos!! It always reminds me of 101 Dalmatians!
      The burrito was SO GOOD!!

      Delete
  3. I have yet to try any of the miyoko cheeses. But I have her cheese book, but I've been lazy about trying them out since it involves lots of different steps. There's a bunch of life changes so I haven't had the time to plan anything out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried two of her cheeses and they are really, really great just not affordable. That's why I don't make vegan cheese more often because of all the steps and planning. I like to make the easiest cheeses possible.

      Delete
  4. I love hearing about more new vegan products! I’m sure their cream cheese will be awesome.
    I find it kind of funny the mom made spicy salsa for her kid! Haha, the kid must be more adventurous than my wimpy self.
    Love the birds for cats videos!!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love seeing and hearing about new vegan products too!
      I thought the same thing about the salsa because it is spicy, even to a spice lover like me so her kids must really love spice!

      Delete
  5. Sheese used to make a cheddar cream cheese spread that was amazing! But then they went away, and although they have been rereleased in Australia at last, I haven't seen that back. It is a shame, because it was so tasty and so easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to try Sheese. I think I tried one variety years ago from a vegan store in Seattle. Cheddar cream cheese sounds amazing!

      Delete
  6. Your burritos sound amazing! Cute Joan, so many birds to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were. I'm pretty sure it was the queso though!

      Delete