Thursday, May 24, 2018

Some Foods

This was a delicious curry I made the other night. It had tofu and red and green lentils. I was out of potatoes so I subbed tofu. This is a curry for people who wonder how vegans get protein!
Last summer I made sushi and sushi burritos quite often, but all winter I've just been using the little seaweed snacks and having little wraps. So the other night when I made sushi burritos my wrapping skills were not what they once were! These barely held together as burritos, I would have been so frustrated if I would have tried to make rolls. They still tasted great though!
Last night after work all I could muster was some tots. I had them with sriracha just mayo. Sometimes tots are the answer to all life's problems. I had the kind of night where the old me would have drank nine million beers and smoked five hundred million cigarettes. Tots may not be the healthiest meal, but they're a million times healthier than my old choices!
I am a huge fan of Lantana's hummus. Every single flavor is better than the last. They use different beans and always have flavorful and interesting toppings. The carrot sriracha has been my favorite flavor up until now. The hatch chili just became my favorite ever. It's made with white beans and topped with green chili and just WOW. It's creamy and smooth with just a mild kick from the chili. Next time I shop I'm picking up white beans so I can try and recreate it at home because I want to eat it all the time on everything!!!






6 comments:

  1. Another beautiful and ultra-cool [framed!] print behind the much coveted Lantana hummus. You seem to be scoring some super cool artwork. I take it this is another thrift store grab. Well, whatever its provenance, I really dig it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I have gotten some cool pictures at thrift stores. It's a process but it's getting there. I'm always amazed at the cool artwork you can find at thrift stores.

      Delete
  2. You are so right tater tots DO fix everything! Sometimes, I still try to fix things with nine million beers, but that never really works. But tots — that works! :-) Also that curry looks DELISH. I also love Latana hummus, and I must find that flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you and Bianca, tater tots are definitely a cure all. The curry looks delicious and the hummus sounds amazing!! I would never know the burrito sushi (genius btw) didn't hold together well. They look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sushi burritos sure look good to me! There was a place near my office that sold sushi burritos actually, i went once and was totally disappointed- must have been like 99% over vinegared rice and some lame veggies with a sliver of tofu. I should totally make these, sounds like a perfect summer dinner!
    In the big scheme of things i suspect tots for dinner do more good than harm
    Great find on the hummus :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Potato gems are the great healer. I haven't had any for ages, but I think I need to pick some up next time I go shopping. I want to make some totchos using some tinned BBQ jackfruit I have.

    ReplyDelete