Monday, May 21, 2018

Stuff I Ate on Sunday

Yesterday I started my day with lemon water and one cup of each of these teas. I'm enjoying my morning tea while I can. In another month or so it will be so stinking hot I won't want to look at anything warm!
This was my breakfast. Frozen strawberries and blackberries, banana, avocado, chia seeds, and spinach.
After my smoothie I had some orange, carrot and ginger juice. This juice always perks me up. It's an all natural energy drink!
I had one of these muffins with a tiny bit of coconut oil and some nooch. I forgot to take a picture of the actual muffin I ate. I know these aren't gluten free, but they were on sale at Sprouts and the gluten free breads are so expensive it offends me so I went for it. I'm keeping them in my freezer so I can just have one every once in awhile.
As I was cleaning I sipped on hibiscus iced tea and had a few bites of sriracha sauerkraut. Gotta balance that gluten with some good probiotics! I really need to get some tofu pups. When I eat sauerkraut, it just screams for veggie dogs and mustard!!!
It was a grey gloomy Sunday and I'm feeling kind of gloomy so comfort food seemed like an important part of my day. I made delicious horseradish mashed potatoes with Mayacama's chicken style gravy which is vegan and gluten free. If you like horseradish, I highly recommend trying it in mashed potatoes.
I had a pina colada popsicle for dessert. These are seriously my favorite thing ever. Thank you Sprouts for making such an amazing treat!
Here is Kiki doing what she does best, forcing cuddle time. Etta looks less than enthused, and like she's holding onto her spot for dear life!!








6 comments:

  1. I think both of those teas would make great iced tea too, although there are certainly teas that are just kinda weird when iced.
    Lotsa delicious liquids day here!
    And horseradish mashed potatoes sound amazing to me. Although i hope our chilly rainy days are finally gone
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spinach has high oxalates (oxalic acid) and is a goitrogen, which can affect thyroid health. It might be worthwhile researching to be sure it won’t cause you any long-term thyroid issues. I like your blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh what great meals! The teas all sounds really delicious and your smoothie and juice are beautiful. I've been craving potatoes and corn like crazy lately so I feel like it's time to make that happen. I hope I'll be able to find those bars soon, they sound so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm noticing that interesting poster art behind your orange/carrot/ginger juice. Whatever it is, it looks really cool. The apartment seems to be becoming very personalized and homey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mashed potatoes and gravy is always a good call for comfort food! Etta's expression is one that Daisy often has when Cringer insists on cuddles haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mashed potato is excellent comfort and cold day food. Now that it is chilly here I am looking forward to making it a bit. Definitely going to add some horseradish.

    ReplyDelete