Monday, May 7, 2018

More Food Has Been Eaten

Here is my very beige dinner of tots and tofu nuggets a few nights ago. Every time I have a beige dinner which happens more often than I'd like I have to laugh at the stereotype that vegans live on salad and wheatgrass shots! I made a dipping sauce using Just Mayo and jalapeno mustard.
Here is kind of the same thing but with sweet potato frites from Trader Joe's. I realized as I was eating these that I really prefer white potatoes. I have to accept and be okay with not being the biggest sweet potato fan. I just like savory fries and I don't really like the texture of sweet potatoes. But I like them blended in soups or cheese sauces. Kind of like cauliflower. I have a limited relationship with those two foods.
This was a really tasty and easy meal I made the other night. I just blended some coconut milk, peanut butter and curry powder together and then cooked some rice noodles in the mixture. With some oven baked tofu and sriracha. It could have used some cilantro and green onion but sadly I had neither. It still hit the spot!
Frozen strawberries and blueberries, banana, flax meal, and spinach
Orange carrot ginger juice
I still have smoothies and juice daily. Well, smoothies daily juices on my days off. Since I just go for quick and easy meals after work I like to make sure I'm still getting in my greens and fruits and veg.
This was my dinner last night. I had a mental health sick day yesterday meaning I called in sick to work. I really shouldn't have because we on't have sick days where you still get paid but sometimes your mental health has to come first. I've been feeling like I'm going to lose it at work and just leave for awhile and I am doing my best to fight that impulse until I find another job but it's so HARD. So anyway I had some chickpeas soaking so I cooked them and made chickpea fritters. These were kind of half falafel and half red lentil patty. I flavored the fritters with cilantro, green onion and the last bits of olive tapenade I had lingering in my fridge. I made a spicy dipping sauce with tahini and sambal oelek. On the side I made some potatoes with lots of garlic and Italian dressing I also had lingering in the fridge. This was a really delicious clean out the fridge meal!
It seems that spring is over and summer is here with temps being in the eighties already. This makes for some lazy lounging ladies!






6 comments:

  1. The red lentils are awesome.😉Trying to find more uses for them in my kitchen.Issabetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stereotype is vanishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beige meals can still be tasty! I think it’s all about the big picture anyways, so it all balances out in the end.
    I’m glad you took a day to take care of yourself, it sounds like that job is really taking a toll on you lately. Sending you all of the good job hunting vibes i can!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the mental health day helped a bit. It's so hard when work is tough. I know it's a bit clichéd just keep trying to practice gratitude and mindlefullness and focus on stuff outside of work. Keep searching, something else will come up job wise. A letter and little care package are on their way to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh everything looks so good! The juice is such a beautiful color and definitely a great balance to the beige ;) The beige meals look awesome too, you can't go wrong with tots! I also prefer white potatoes but don't mind a sweet potato every once in a while.

    I hope that you are feeling a bit better and sending you so many hugs and positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you need to put your mental health first. <3
    I love sweet potatoes, but I definitely prefer regular potatoes when it comes to fries.

    ReplyDelete