Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Random Tuesday

I saw this in a window downtown the other day and loved it. It's an office for someone who is running for a local office. I don't know much about the local politicians but this person seems worth learning about!
This is part of the watermelon I bought on sale last week. It was three pounds for ninety nine cents or a dollar. Either way I couldn't resist but I was nervous because watermelon out of season can be really bad. Not to worry though because this was delicious! Juicy, sweet and not mealy which is what really gags me. I ended up eating this after my smoothie and I cut the rest up for today. Well, I snacked on it throughout the day and while making dinner and I ended up eating the whole watermelon!! This is the second out of season watermelon I've gotten this year and they've both been amazing! I think they're going to be great this summer!
My dinner is not the prettiest thing I've ever eaten, but man was it tasty. I made some potato cheese. I forgot to get jalapeno and my salsa had gone bad so I used a little hot sauce for spice. It was still tasty, but I definitely prefer it with chilis or salsa. I poured it over brown rice and mayacoba beans, roasted potatoes and baked tofu. With half an avocado. I would have loved some green onion or cilantro but sadly I forgot both while shopping this week. It was much tastier than it looks! I always find really simple meals like this with a really good sauce to be so satisfying. I guess that's why bowl meals are so popular!
This is how these two lay when I'm doing yoga. Usually it's on my mat while pressed against me. It's kind of hard to mind with these two cuties!





4 comments:

  1. I just bought a similar sign for my yard!! Love it. And that potato cheese looks so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect little kitty pair! So cute. :)
    I love watermelons so much in summer, though we get them year round here as well. I can easily eat a whole one without even realising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome sign!
    Yay for warm weather and good watermelon!! I feel like sunshine puts everyone in a better mood, i know it makes me happy, so hopefully the sunshine is perking you up too :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG those two sweethearts, I can't! How adorable! Hooray for a yummy watermelon! I am so excited for them to be in season soon, it is seriously my favorite food. The potato cheese looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete