Thursday, May 3, 2018

More Vegan Food!

I made some lentil soup for a coworker the other day and had a test bowl for lunch. I made this with red and green lentils an some gluten free orzo pasta. I also added some marinara sauce. My coworker is anemic and the vitamin C from the tomatoes helps the body absorb the iron better. As I was making this I was thinking that if I were ever on a reality cooking show and had to make my signature dish, it would have to be lentil soup. It's been a staple in my diet for YEARS. I've made it a million different ways and at this point I can make it with my eyes closed! Lentil soup is your best friend when you're super broke. You can make a ton of soup for very little and feed yourself for awhile.
Has anyone tried this? I've had their dill and garlic kraut and of course sriracha anything catches my eye! It's so funny because I've always loved sauerkraut even as a kid and I have gotten called weird a lot for it. And now it's just so trendy and hip!
The other night I baked some tofu and made a spicy peanut sauce. I just mixed peanut butter with some water to thin it out and then stirred in some tamari, sambal olek and a little sesame oil. Couldn't have been easier.
This is a super rare store bought sushi lunch I had last week before work. I had something to do in the morning and had to run home to change for work. I stopped on my way home and picked this up at some store downtown. It was fresh and tasty and definitely worth the splurge.
Last night I totally lazed out and just had tater tots for dinner! I'm out of ketchup so I made a little sauce with Just Mayo and spicy mustard. Sometimes you just have to go for the lazy comfort meal.
We have clearance shelves at work that are located by my preferred bathroom in the back of the store. I found these dates on the shelf for one dollar! I really love dates and rarely buy them because of the price. I love finding little treasures like this!





3 comments:

  1. Lentils are the neverending food! I swear i had this two pound bag of lentils that was bottomless. I kept making soup and dal and lentil salads and it hardly made a dent in the bag!
    Yay for veggie sushi and clearance shelf deals :)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! What delicious looking meals. The lentil soup sounds incredible and your peanut sauce looks so lush! The sushi looks fresh and delicious and sometimes you just need that splurge. I've never had sauerkraut but the garlic and dill one sounds really great. I really should try, I know that a lot of people have been loving it lately. Probiotics are always a great idea too. Hooray for discount dates! They have been my favorite snack lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sushi is one of my favourite snacks to get when I am out and about, those rolls looks really fresh and good!

    ReplyDelete