Tuesday, May 8, 2018

All Good Things

I feel robbed of spring as it's just pretty much summer now. So it's time to start having cooling and hydrating hibiscus tea. I like this blend from Trader Joe's a lot. Sometimes hibiscus tea can be super floral-y so the mint an lemongrass help cut that a bit. Also according to Dr. Greger hibiscus tea is one of the healthiest drinks for us.
For some reason most yellow curry pastes I've come across have fish sauce in them. I think Trader Joe's has a yellow and green curry sauce and only the green is vegan. The jar with all the veggies caught my eye and convinced me to read the ingredients. Much to my surprise it is free of fish sauce or anything else weird. It has all the curry suspects, lemongrass, lime, ginger etc. I decided to have it last night with some oven baked tofu and rice noodles.

It's pretty good for a jarred sauce. It doesn't have any weird preservative or chemical taste, and they went heavy on the lime juice and lemongrass which I also like. It also is very mild, I added even more sambal oelek after taking this picture. It also isn't super heavy on the coconut. I haven't had a Thai yellow curry  dish in quite sometime so this was a really nice treat. Next time I'll have it with rice, but last night I really wanted noodles!
Warm days mean lots of bellies and I couldn't be happier! This girl also has been renamed. Her new name is KiKi because she likes to talk and also it's similar enough to Kanye that it won't cause any confusion. Plus KiKi is one of her nicknames anyway. She feels much better with her new name!





3 comments:

  1. That hibiscus tea sounds perfect for iced tea, i’ll have to try it. I once tried a hibiscus drink from the vegan rastafarian cafe near me and it was like drinking perfume!! No good.
    Nice find on the curry sauce, and the label is somehow really cute!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curry bowl looks delicious!
    And nice to "meet" you, KiKi! :)

    ReplyDelete