Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sunday Haul Day

After last Saturday at Trader Joe's I was terrified to go there yesterday especially with it being Cinco De Mayo. Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I expected which made my day! I still managed to forget two things on my list but what can you do.
Bananas,red onion, green chilis,tofux3,flax meal,potatoes,lemons, frozen strawberries,frozen blueberries,vegan shreds, jalapenos,protein cookies,sweet potato frites,fruit frenzy bars, lime floes,hibiscus tea, yellow onion, coconut milkx2, fizzy water,coconut water

How cute is this bag? Uni-corny it's hilarious! One of my coworkers has eczema really bad on her hands so I got her some flax meal, turmeric and some dried fruit bars to put in this bag. I told her I'm going to look up all the natural remedies. I know green juice can help with a lot of skin ailments so I'm also going to look up some recipes for her. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. She's a really sweet girl and I'd love to help her heal. Some days she can't even wear her wedding ring!!
This was my refreshment as I waited for the bus after shopping. I also got a raspberry lime flavor. I like the lemon because it tastes like a super tart lemonade. The spindrift fizzy waters are a lot more flavorful than La Croix. They use fruit juice and water as opposed to lemon flavor.
I don't know what I walked in or through yesterday but Joan was OBSESSED with my flip flops all day and night. And yes that is packing paper behind them. They still love making tunnels with it so who am I to argue?





8 comments:

  1. I’ve never had to deal with eczema myself thankfully but my friend did, i remember she used a lot of tea tree oil.
    I actually was at trader joe’s yesterday too and was surprised/relieved how not busy it was! Maybe everyone was off drinking margaritas? I got a watermelon for just $4! Getting it back home wasn’t fun but i did it :)) i also got the new spray sunscreen, i keep biking everywhere and i’m trying to be diligent about sunscreen on my body like i am with my face.
    Such a cute unicorn bag! Very compassionate of you to help your coworker, and such an apt teabag quote for you today.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know she uses tee tree oil and jojoba oil. She also has a steroid cream but she can't use it very often because of the side effects.
      I was thinking the same thing about Trader Joe's that people were off having Cinco fun!

      Delete
  2. Dead sea salt can be really helpful for eczema and psoriasis, both to put it in the bath or in creams. We have a brand called Dead Sea Magik over here and I've used it for over 20 years. Most of their products are vegan. Maybe a hand cream with it in could help? Also does she know if she is allergic to anything. I got diagnosed with an allergy to oranges as a baby and when I stopped having orange juice my skin cleared up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She got some sea salt to soak her hands in. I remember reading that ocean water is incredibly healing for skin conditions.
      I'll have to ask her if she's done any allergy tests.

      Delete
  3. Also, stress can play a big factor too. If I get eczema now it's because of stress and is usually round my eyes. The dead sea creams always help to clear it up.
    PS - have just made your coconut hummus recipe again. It is a big favourite in this house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stress makes everything worse I swear! She mentioned that when she's stressed it really flares up. I'm going to definitely mention that cream.
      I'm so glad you love that hummus!! That totally made my day!

      Delete
  4. That bag is the best! I love unicorns.

    ReplyDelete