Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Two Hauls One Post

Soy curls,nag champa, gluten free vegan clearance cookie,bath salts,natural deoderant, big booch,small booch,daiya yogurt
I went to Natural Grocers for two things, deoderant and a kombucha starter kit. All winter they had the kits and now they don't. This is why you don't wait! I've called Sprouts and the Bigger natural grocers and neither has them!! I don't want to order one through Amazon because I am choosing to not support that company so I don't know what I'm going to do. GRRRRRR!
This is the stand out. When my primal pit paste ran out, I found this crystal rock man's deoderant on clearance at work so I bought it. But it's THE WORST. I swear I stink five seconds after applying. And I've never considered myself a smelly person. So I decided to try this because it's three dollars less than primal. I'm happy to report I still smell fresh as a daisy after an eight hour shift and sleeping overnight. And the vanilla almond smell is really nice.
Spinach,bananas,garlic,potatoes,orange juice,onion, red lentils,red onion, gluten free flour and pasta,frozen strawberries and blueberries,raspberry and lime fruit bars, tofu,complete cookie,pasta sauce and coconut milk
Pretty basic haul. I needed a few pantry staples like pasta and coconut milk and no one can beat Trader Joe's prices for those two things. I got some gluten free flour because I'm craving pizza and I'm going to attempt to make my own gluten free crust. I have a fear of gluten free baking because I could barely bake with gluten, so I'm going to try to nudge myself in the brave direction! Pizza crust seems like a gentle first step. Dipping my toe in.
So I was hoping to hang my winter coat in the closet for the next few months, but the last time I wore it I flung it on the couch when I came home and it has become the new napping hot spot for Roxy and also Joan. I guess it stays!


7 comments:

  1. Every time I see those Complete Cookies reminds me I need to hit my local 7-11.Pizza sounds yummy especially gluten free.I can eat gluten but for whatever reason I find I enjoy some gluten free things.Interesting haul especially the deodorant.Thanks!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The complete cookies have grown on me. Especially the chocolate chip.
      I hope to make a delicious gluten free dough an share the recipe. I'm going to do that tomorrow!
      The deoderant is really great. Two days in a row it has totally protected me!

      Delete
  2. Oooh thanks for the deodorant recommendation! I'm always looking for a good natural deodorant because honestly, most of them suck. I'll definitely have to see if I can find this one to try! The hauls look awesome! I just found a store that has amazing prices on fruit so I'm looking forward to loading up there for my detox! Love the kitty pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural deoderants do suck! An it's so frustrating because they are expensive. This is the third day I'm using this with no smelliness so I highly recommend!
      I can't wait to see what you have on your detox!!!

      Delete
  3. What a bummer they don’t have the kombucha kit for you! You can order it from Cultures for health, which is great since is comes with the Ph strips which i have found are really helpful to know when to bottle (the ferment time is days faster in warm weather!) do you already have a huge jug to brew in? I get the best carbonation using all green tea even though most sites say use black tea or a mix.
    https://www.culturesforhealth.com/kombucha-tea-starter-culture.html
    I’m totally certain you can make some simple GF things with the flour! Pizza dough sounds like a great starting point. I bet something like focaccia and quick breads or muffins will work well too.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried checking out craigslist? Or maybe even posting on a community bullitten board at sprouts or something? Someone might have a mother culture they can peel a layer off of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh kitties! Sahara would take any opportunity to sleep on anything that I left lying around. Dim Sim is not so fussed. But Sahara never missed an opportunity to put an extra layer underneath her.

    ReplyDelete