Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Vegan Trader Joe's!!

Yesterday I saw a picture/post on Instagram of a new product at Trader Joe's, vegan marshmallows! And from the picture it looked they are only $2.49 a bag! I saw this post after I had gotten home from there, so next time I go I will look to see if the Joe's I go to has them. So exciting, and as Unknown pointed out, just in time for S'mores season! In other new vegan product news, I saw an ad in the new VegNews for daiya's new line of salad dressings! In the ad they are showing a creamy Caesar, ranch, and a blue cheeze. The ad doesn't say if it is refrigerated or shelf stable, and I went to their website and did not see that info either. The Just mayo dressings and mayo are on the shelf , but the FYH dressings are kept cold, so I don't know. But be on the lookout. I don't even feel like I've been vegan that long, and I just can't believe how many new foods are available! I thought I would never have blue cheese dressing again, and I had made peace with it, and now all of a sudden there are two options! It's just so amazing and inspiring!
Here is my vegan marshmallow-less haul from yesterday! Tuesday is so much safer than Saturday!
Cabbage,green onions, red peppers, cucumber,Romaine hearts, lemons, pears,and potatoes!

Tahini sauce,coconut cream, mini pitas,red lentils, garlic fries, lavash,curry powder,black and garbanzo beans, and tofu

Soy ice cream sandwiches,and raisin and pecan dark chocolate bar and booch not from Trader Joe's.
 I was so tempted to get a spicy red lentil wrap from their prepared food section, but I didn't want to pay the cost. Instead, I bought the ingredients to make my own. So much cheaper!!!
It's not exact, but it's pretty dang close, and I have lots of lentils to keep trying till I nail it!
For dinner I had the usual, oven fries with Ranch and BBQ. I seasoned my fries with curry, garlic and turmeric. The usual.
Happy Wednesday!


9 comments:

  1. Do you buy the Garlic Fries as well as make your own Oven Fries. I do miss that Raisin Pecan Bar. And the Organic Ketchup. And the little Ice Cream Sandwiches...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost always make my own fries, but when I was doing the potato cleanse I wanted to buy the garlic fries, but they were higher fat than was allowed. But ever since then I've been dying to try them, so yesterday I finally decided that you only live once.
      When I lived in PA I dreamed of Trader Joe's. Too bad you can't have some of the goodies shipped. I really hope you find the Ben&Jerry's soon!

      Delete
  2. This is a great haul! I just got home from Trader Joe's myself and am going to be posting a haul shortly! I had no idea about the marshmallows, that is such great news! Hopefully they are as tasty as Dandies :)

    Looks like a really great haul! Looking forward to seeing what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they're as good as Dandies too! They might actually be Dandies for all we know, because they relabel so many foods. I don't buy dandies as often as I'd like because of the cost, so this is very exciting!

      Delete
  3. Soy ice cream bars! *drools* I love them so much. I am avoiding Trader Joe's because I might have to get a new fridge, and I had so much stuff in the freezer. An no I can't not get frozen things at Trader Joe's! The ice cream is the best part! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their soy ice cream bars are so much better than Tofutti cuties! And I love that they only have ninety calories! That's exciting to get a new fridge!

      Delete
    2. Much more "ice cream" like than tofutti, though I have a soft spot for tofutti cuties. I think I like the cocoa butter in them, but the vanilla is stronger in Trader Joe's.

      Delete
  4. sorry I slacked on the link up! It's UP now :) Great finds as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually forgot. I'll make sure I link my budget haul this week! Zoinks!

      Delete