Tuesday, May 17, 2016

My Vacuum Really Sucks and Budget Haul Part One

Well, I'm sure everyone is dying to know what happened with the clog at the end of the vacuum. After many tears, much frustration, lots of cussing, and some temper tantrums I did find the clog, and Humpty is back together. I don't ever want to see a screwdriver again in my life! There are still two screws that are just mystery screws, but why shouldn't my vacuum be like me! Ha Ha.
I didn't do my full budget shop yesterday, but I did go to Fred Myers hoping to find a few bulk grains, but other than quinoa they didn't have anything. I was hoping to find bulgur wheat for tabouli salad. Quinoa even in bulk is not a grain for such a tight budget. It wasn't a wasted trip though, because they had a few awesome sales in the produce section, which made me really happy, because I thought I wouldn't be able to have much in the way of fresh.
Raspberries, beets, pineapple,potatoes, and some of Chunk!
I almost fainted when I saw they had raspberries for ninety nine cents! They aren't organic, but we can't be perfect. They also had pineapples for only $1.99, as well as organic beets, and organic Yukon gold potatoes! So, ten dollars down. I probably should have gotten only one pineapple, but I love them so much and that is such a good price I just had to have two! So, that leaves me with twenty five dollars. I plan on using some or all of that today when I go to Safeway. I will be looking for rice, beans, and hopefully bulgur but that's kind of a pipe dream I think. Also, some type of bread, because I feel like lentil Joe's and burgers might be in my near future!
Since I'm going to be eating a budget this week, I decided to treat myself last night and try the garlic fries I found at Trader Joe's. These things are AHMAZING, and seriously these need to be in every potato and garlic lovers life! I was surprised at first, because it's just plain fries, but they have a sauce packet that you defrost while the fries are cooking! The sauce is basically garlic, parsley and oil. So, these aren't healthy fries, but they are sooooooooo worth the calories! Like I'll work out an extra two hours to eat these! After the fries are done cooking, you mix them with the sauce and serve. The sauce soaks into the hot fries and it is just pure magic.
These made my mouth so happy. The smell when you first pour the sauce on the hot fries is enough to make you just shove your face in the bowl. I feel like these fries would be a great side with a big falafal gyro! These are one of my new favorite Trader Joe's foods! Not on a first date though, because the sauce is intensely garlic-y!
Tomorrow I will have everything I ate today on a budget, what else I found, and how I'm going to do this challenge, because I've added a second part to it.
Happy Tuesday!


11 comments:

  1. Vacuum clogs SUCK! lol
    Your budget haul looks great! I need to do a quick post on some finds, too! The fries look terrific...right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn!!! I was just at Trader Joe's last night and it was closing so no time to scour the frozen food section for new foods I haven't tried yet :(. You and Sarah are making me crave oven fries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! It's almost like a pesto that you mix with them. I'm glad I can help spread fry love!

      Delete
  3. TJ's used to sell some frozen oven fries that were outstanding, so I totally believe how great fhese Garlic Fries are. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish you had a Trader Joe's, then you really would be in paradise!

      Delete
  4. You should be damned proud of yourself for fixing your vacuum and getting it back together again!! That's seriously something to brag about! (I would have thrown something against the wall, said some choice vocabulary and given up long ago...)
    Great finds with the pineapple and raspberries. Those garlic fries sound other worldly... I've had the sweet potato fries from TJs and loved those.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, that's why it took several days to fix it, because I had to keep stopping for the day. I just get so frustrated with that kind of stuff! It brings out my angry side real quick. The garlic fries are seriously addictive!

      Delete
  5. Well done with the vacuuming fixing. That's great news. Some excellent bargains there and I like the sound of those fries. I've just bought some exciting sounding fries to try too which are beef flavour but vegan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so curious, fries with vegan beef flavor??

      Delete