Monday, May 23, 2016

Cheat Day

Yesterday started out with delicious leftovers of lentil soup and breadsticks. Soup always tastes better the next day!
I added a little elbow macaroni to switch it up, and also because for whatever reason the last time I used elbow macaroni, I apparently just could not include those last fifteen noodles in whatever dish I made. So, into the pot they went.
As the day progressed, and I played more monopoly to no avail, I lost my desire to cook. I was not feeling well at all, and it was one of those rare times I wished I had a human around to cook something delicious for me, and check on how I'm feeling. So, I went off the rails again for dinner, and found a forgotten box of beast burgers in my freezer. It wasn't even that I was craving them, or junk food(other than chocolate) it was that I didn't want to cook, and my brain didn't want to find yet another use for lentils. So, I didn't spend any additional money on my meal, but it wasn't part of my haul.
I forgot how incredibly realistic these things look! It's almost too much. I feel like these are the burgers you bring when you know you're going to be around that dickish relative, friend, co-worker whatever who always makes dumb jokes about vegans eating twigs, berries and spirulina. Pull these out, and throw one on the grill, and in lieu of dropping the mic, drop this box. By the way, the Just Thousand is an amazing sauce for burgers! I was low on fixin's for this burger, but even with only banana peppers and a little sauce it was really tasty!
I spent most of the day curled up catching up on episodes of The Green Arrow. My favorite superhero. I have a fantasy where we team up and save animals all over. During the first season when he was a little more of a vigilante, he would always tell the people he caught"you have failed this city" before he would arrow them. In my fantasy we tell everyone"you have failed humanity" It's a nice fantasy, and I could never think of a hunkier partner, besides Cenk Uygur!
I will be back tomorrow with my round up of my budget week. I feel like I blabbed too much already today, and I also need to organize my thoughts a little more so I can at least try to make sense!
Happy Monday!


6 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better! I know what you mean about some vegan burgers looking too real...eeeek...

    Cenk is great!

    You should get into (if you haven't already) Thom Hartman, Mark Thompson, and Michealangelo Signorile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think beast burgers is what makes me sad when my father in law hosts dinner with the grill. He is always eager to make us his black bean burgers and part of me is just like "I want an excuse to treat myself to a beast burger!" XD But it nice he is looking out for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a tough one! It is nice that he makes vegan burgers! But beast burgers are definitely made for the grill!

      Delete
  3. Aww I hope you are feeling better! That soup and breadstick look delicious! I don't know how I feel about the beast burgers… I wasn't too impressed, especially with the price tag that came with it. It does look really good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the beast burgers, but this is only the second time Ive had had them for the same reason, the price. They're more expensive than other burgers, and there are only two in a box! At least they're tasty.

      Delete