Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday Stuff

                             
I found this YouTube channel a few weeks ago, when I first started kicking up my workouts, and I love his style so much. He isn't yell-y, but he's also not trying to talk your ear off and be best friends while working out. If you want to work hard and sweat, I recommend his workouts. I saw this video this morning and it made me appreciate and want to support him even more. If you want/need to be inspired in any way, this video will do it. I just did one of his workouts this morning, and I was dripping by the end! This video is worth five minutes of your day, I promise.
Now on to more budget eats. For breakfast yesterday, I had my usual potato wedges and vegan ranch/Carolina gold BBQ combo for dipping.
It was a cool, rainy day here and so I did some cleaning, and played some Safeway Monopoly since I only have till the twenty fifth of this month to claim any prizes. I have to admit I am feeling a little less optimistic that I'm going to win, because I'm getting every ticket except for any that I need. But I have to finish playing now or I will always wonder. I doubt I will play next year, because it's pretty annoying to be honest.
Later in the day I made a smoothie with pineapple, raspberries, and the other half of the avocado from the night before. The avocado added the creaminess my last smoothie lacked.
Look at Chunk in the background scratching my bookshelf! Bad Boy!!
I have to admit I did go rouge a little on the budget plan. I needed chocolate bad yesterday, and I was in the mood to tinker in the kitchen, so I did make a pudding pie, but all the ingredients were in my pantry. I had almond milk in the fridge that really does need to be used, so I went from there. I just NEEDED chocolate if you know what I mean. I used this  recipe from Post Punk Kitchen. I actually had a crust from the holidays that I never used, so it was meant to be.
I sliced it about an hour early, so it's a little softer than usual, but it is soooooo incredible! I don't think I ever had pudding pie as a non vegan. But I do remember as a teenager my BFF Wendy and I would eat chocolate cream pie when we were depressed about boys which for me was always. I love this pie and it's super easy to make. The hardest part is waiting for it to firm up.
For dinner I made lentil soup to honor the grey, chilly day. Since I had already bent the rules with the pie, I went ahead and made breadsticks. I lightly followed this recipe, but I used a lot less oil. I used no oil in the dough, and I added some nutritional yeast and garlic powder to the dough. For the top I just mixed a little olive oil (evoo) garlic powder, and nutritional yeast. I smeared in on top before baking, and man were they good! I will be making these again for sure.
Just by using pantry ingredients and making these breadsticks, it just made the meal feel more fancy, and less budget-y.
I have to leave you with another adorable cuddle picture. I really can't stand the cuteness sometimes.
Stevie, Scrappy and Afro
I Hope everyone's Sunday is full of this much love, and this much total, unabashed relaxation!
Tomorrow I'll be back with a round-up of my budget week, and also the second part of my challenge!




8 comments:

  1. Dang! I want to eat at your place! That Pudding Pie looks incredible. I love Lentil Soup and Fries. Safeway should not ensnare people in their Monopoly game if there is a piece that no one will ever get. I think that might be against the law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I actually went to some forums about Monopoly, and it seems that this happens all the time. There are people who are desperately trying to get that one piece. Very frustrating.

      Delete
  2. I definitely know what you mean about needing chocolate. I was in need as well and you'll see what I made to satisfy that craving tomorrow ;) The wedges look great as always, and if I can find that ranch dressing I'll have to try that as a dipping sauce. That pie looks incredible, I'll have to keep that recipe in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great recipe, sometimes I just make the pudding with no crust, and I really love it. Maybe your Target will start carrying the Just Ranch!

      Delete
    2. I found the Just Ranch! I'm so excited to try it!!

      Delete
    3. I can't wait to hear about how delicious it is!!!

      Delete
  3. I have Millionaire Hoy subscribed because someone mentioned he was a good workout youtube channel. I now will try out one of the workouts since you said he is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so good. I've done three of his workouts so far, and I feel amazing and dripping afterwards. I find his style to be very motivating also. It's like , I really do want to give him that fist bump at the end!

      Delete