Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Vegan Beef and Broccoli!

Yesterday I had a few things to donate to Value Village(a huge thrift store) and it just happens to be next to Grocery Outlet! I decided to go in and see if they had any new exciting vegan goodies. I didn't get a whole lot, but I have to say if anyone who lives in Seattle reads this, check out the Grocery Outlet in Ballard. I forgot my camera, but they had a pound container of organic chia seeds for $1.99! Yes, that's organic and a pound. They also had a zillion kinds of coconut water for insane prices. I personally do not enjoy coconut water, but if you do, you could save soooo much money because that stuff is expensive! I'm glad I don't like it to be honest! I'll stick with my booch habit!
They have so many "superfood" things for a fraction of the cost you see anywhere else. I have opinions on that, but we'll save those for another day!
Chips, Gardein beefless strips, Udon noodles, and of course cats!
That big old bag of organic chips was only $1.99! And I couldn't pass up the Gardein, which was only $2.49. I also had never tried the beefless strips/chunks and what better time to try something than when it's a deal!
I had an idea in my head for a tofu broccoli stir fry, and I just changed the idea to a vegan beef and broccoli stir fry. I always see beef and broccoli on the menu at any Chinese restaurant I've ever been to, so I said, let's make it kind!
I guess this is more of a suggestion than a recipe, but it was so easy and simple, and really tasty that I figured I'd share. I feel like this would be a real crowd pleaser with vegan and non vegans.
                                                       Vegan Beef and Broccoli
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
  • 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 C. Soyaki
  • 1/4 C. Hoisen Garlic sauce
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
  • 1 package gardein beefless strips/chunks, or tofu, or tempeh
  • 1/4 tsp. sriracha
Combine soyaki, hoisen, sriracha, and the crushed red pepper, set aside. Sautee your broccoli and garlic in a small amount of coconut oil, or water on medium high heat for four to five minutes, add gardein and continue stirring, adding a little water as needed. Cook for about five more minutes, add your sauce, lower heat to med. low, and simmer for three or four more minutes, until everything is combined, your gardein is heated all the way through, and the sauce has thickened a little. Serve with rice and if you're spicy like me, extra sriracha.

See what I mean? It was so easy. Like I said, I was going to make this with tofu, but it seemed like the perfect way to try these chunks. I think next I will cut them into thinner strips, they're pretty big pieces. Other than that, as with all gardein products,(except the lime chipotle fingers blech) these were really tasty, and I would definitely buy again!
Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. You've been finding so many great bargains! The chia seeds are a really good deal. The vegan beef with broccoli looks so good! It looks really authentic too which I'm sure must have been a little weird but what a delicious looking meal! Have you been watching Mommy Tang? I found her from High Carb Hannah and I'm obsessed with her recipes, I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why next time i will cut the chunks into smaller chunks, to make it a little less "beefy". But it was such a fun treat to mimic something so closely. I really think it would make a lot of non vegans happy. I haven't watched Mommy Tang because everyone speaks of her Mukbangs, and for some reason I am not into that trend. I have tried watching a couple from different people, and I just can't get into it. But I need to check out her channel because I have also heard she has some amazing recipes. Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
    2. I don't watch the mukbangs bc I can't deal with people eating but her recipes are amazing!!

      Delete
    3. I know!!! I tried to get into them, but the sounds, and just NO! But I will check out her recipes.

      Delete
  2. Nice finds and at some nice prices!!!! I need to get into some new vegan and raw vegan youtube channels soon! I need to remember to read your comments because people have posted some here, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many vegan channels on YouTube, I can hardly keep up!

      Delete