Monday, May 16, 2016

Just Thousand, Just Cats

I was waiting until I made a beast burger to try this new thousand island from Hampton Creek, but I just couldn't wait to try it! I am a condiment junkie for sure. I made some potato wedges and heated up the last of the tots I had and got to dipping. It's really creamy, and super tangy which I love! They weren't skimpy with the pickles. It reminds me of tarter sauce to be honest, I feel like this could easily sit in for tarter. Isn't thousand island tarter sauce with ketchup? I think it is. If you would have told me fifteen years ago that when I decided to go vegan, I would be loving some vegan ranch and vegan thousand island, I would have died from laughter. I used to have a severe attitude towards thousand island for a funny reason. In all my years of serving at every kind of restaurant you can imagine, people who ordered thousand island were always either super mean senior citizens, or how can I put this politely, they lacked a certain amount of couth, and seemed like they should be somewhere eating fried butter dipped in thousand. I also know for a straight up fact that people who say Italian dressing as I-talian are always going to run you ragged, and leave the worst tip of your shift. Again, there are exceptions to every rule, but this is something I've studied and experienced for more years than I care to admit.
Wow, can I get sidetracked or what? Back to this dressing/sauce. It is so tasty, I was wishing I had some gardein fishless filets! I can only imagine how good the ranch is. If you like tarter, or thousand, look for this! It was at Target right with all the other shelf stable dressings.
Vacuum update.. my vacuum is now Humpty Dumpty. I took it apart, and can't get it back together. I have six screws on my bookshelf that came out of the vacuum, but I don't know how to get it all back together. I miss the days of vacuums with bags. I know I know, they're less sanitary, but you have to have a freaking Master's degree in vacuum repair to pull it apart! I watched a few videos on YouTube which were helpful in pulling it apart, but not putting it back together. The men who were showing you what to do had excellent beer bellies though. It put my own personal battle with the bulge in perspective. Although, in my heaviest drinking days, I probably looked like a female version of them! If only I had the vacuum knowledge!
I also have an idea for my challenge, I did a lot of brainstorming with myself yesterday! I have a few more ideas that I'm adding, but I'll save that for tomorrow, because I have been a super chatty Cathy today.
I have to leave you with two of the cutest pictures. Sometimes it's almost distracting being surrounded by so much cuteness!
Chunk and Kanye all loved up!
Scrappy and Afro with an Etta creeper!

Look at the fur on my carpet! Fingers crossed I can figure out how to fix it today, or I might become a furball!

9 comments:

  1. I'm not sure i ever tried thousand island dressing...! But i love ketchup, adore pickles, and don't hate mayo. Just have not seen those dressings near me yet.
    Your cuddling cats are TOO CUTE!!!
    Good luck with that vacuum, sounds like a hot mess.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think thousand is better as a dip or a sauce, I have a hard time picturing it on a salad.
      I got the clog out of the vacuum, life is clean again! Woot Woot!

      Delete
  2. This post made me laugh and think - from the thousand island-profiling, my mom who used to pronounce it as "I-talian" as well, the excellent beer bellies, to damn - is thousand island dressing actually tartar sauce with ketchup?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember a few years ago finding a recipe online for vegan thousand island for a sandwich, and it was mayo, ketchup and relish and lemon juice! I'm sure there are other seasonings in it, but it's very similar to tarter!

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous of you being able to find Hampton Creek's new products! It will prob be YEARS before we see them on the East Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww the kitties! I've never been a fan of thousand island dressing due to the whole mayo aversion thing but Ranch sounds like it would be amazing. The plate of potato-ey goodness looks so delicious. I've been super into the oven fries lately. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never had thousand island dressing until I made a recipe from Salad Samurai... and I was just a little mortified by the recipe... pickles and ketchup in a ranch dressing? WHO THOUGHT OF THIS?! XD It was still tasty, but I think you have it right, it probably would tasted best with some sort of fried food. Technically the salad was "beet lentil balls and fries salad" so it was a pretty hearty salad. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thousand Island rules. However. As you said, it is super simple to make onself: Ketchup, Mayo and Relish, so I cant get too excited about these premade versions,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! No words. You always go one step beyond.

    There is so much great, useful information here. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Read our guide if you wish.
    Bestreviewtop

    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete