Thursday, January 30, 2020

Trader Joe's Mini Haul!

Well, I survived getting my haircut and Trader Joe's! Not a single tear was spilled, and anxiety levels were just at my usual level of anxiety! My hair is okay, She trimmed my bangs a little shorter than I like, but hair grows and soon I'll be annoyed because my bangs are too long!!
Apparently Trader Joe's has gotten into the beefy burger game. The price is a lot lower than any other brand I've seen, so that's great news for people who love these burgers! Also more meat eaters might be willing to try with a lower price.
Water Kefir, tofu,celery,potatoes,onion,jalapeno,carrots,romaine hearts, miyokos cream cheese, crispbread,blood oranges,lemons,lite coconut milk, refried beans
I had a budget of twenty nine dollars, and everything above minus the cream cheese and crispbread added up to only twenty one dollars. I always look at the crispbread but never buy it because it's almost five dollars for not a lot. But dang they look so good!
I was scared to try the un-lox flavor of cream cheese for a really long time. I thought it would be really fishy which doesn't sound like a flavor I want in my cream cheese. But it really isn't fishy, it's just really savory and I guess full of umami? Either way I want to lather it on everything!


4 comments:

  1. Yay for successful hair cut and Trader Joes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really need to find time for a Trader Joe's run! This looks like such an awesome haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always hated going to the salon and bangs are a hassle as they need to be trimmed every two weeks to look good. My mother used to cut my bangs when I was a little girl and she always cut them way too short. She thought it was cute, I thought they looked dorky. My husband trims my long hair and I love the length, but in the warm weather I hate having it on my neck and in my face. So I have him braid my hair for me. I have mentioned that I would like face framing layers, but he reminds me that they would be hang in your face layers. Too short to pull back or put in the braids, so I don’t have him cut them. I keep it all one length.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Lox being very salty and umami, not fishy. I think I liked the smokeyness and the texture most about lox so I feel like I would probably like the vegan subs, just don't have the cash to try right now.

    The protein patties I don't think are a particularly good deal. You only get two, but then again I haven't looked at the price of Beyond Burger in a while. We tried them, I have a feeling you wouldn't like them because my husband complained they were too greasy.

    ReplyDelete