Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Showing Chickpeas Some Love!

Does anyone remember a blog called Peas and Thank You? It no longer exists, but it was run by a mom and featured her cute daughters and lots of recipes. I discovered it fairly new into my vegan journey so her simple recipes really helped. She didn't use a lot of hard to find ingredients or kitchen tools. She has a couple of cookbooks too. One is at my local library and every now and again I check it out.
I can't remember if it was on her blog or cookbook but she had this really simple recipe she called a crack wrap because her kids loved it so much. It was just a tortilla of choice with hummus and then you roll it an crisp it in a pan. She mentions that you can add vegan cheese, but I never feel it needs cheese because of the hummus. I know it sounds so simple, but it is really oh so good! I've made it for non vegans who have loved it as well!
Sunday I made some homemade hummus just so I can use my gluten free tortillas for crack wrap breakfasts this week!
I just add a little nooch and then dip the triangles in Frank's buffalo sauce. Such a perfect combination!
The other day when I realized I hadn't had chickpea salad in so long, I thought of chickpea noodle soup which I've also neglected. I don't know why I ever stopped making this, it's so good! I added lots of dill to this batch which made it really nice!

I'm loving this book. I found it in the librarian recommended section and I'm so glad I did. I like hearing about people's real life battles, and how low they went before working their way out of the hole. In this highly curated world we live in, it's so nice when someone is brutally honest about their struggles. It's refreshing and so helpful, it makes me feel less alone I guess. Anyway, this book is AHMAZING and I highly recommend it, especially if you feel stuck in any way!



3 comments:

  1. Oooh, now I need to make some chickpea noodle soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crack wraps sound amazing!
    I don't think I ever really followed that blog much, but I definitely remember it. Sad that it no longer exists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we just stop making things for some reason. It makes going back to old favorites that much nicer!

    ReplyDelete