Sunday, January 5, 2020

Another Boxed Vegan Mac and Cheese Plus a Haul!

Sprouts has a little gluten free section with all the hottest, newest gluten free items can be found. I've looked at, and picked up this box of mac and cheese a million times. It's a little less expensive than daiya, but still pricey for boxed mac and cheese/ In my opinion the daiya mac and cheese is not very good, and when I have it I always feel disappointed and wish I would have just made some homemade.
I was feeling blue yesterday while shopping, and didn't feel like cooking so I decided to pick it up. I mean, it says delicious right on the box, so how bad could it be??
They definitely have the super bright orange color down!! The box doesn't make much, and the back says two servings which makes me think the servings are for children? I still was hungry after eating this, and if you made this into two servings you'd have to have a huge side dish to feel full. Or I have a huge appetite? I don't know but I was disappointed in the amount, especially for the price.
Taste wise, I did like it better than daiya, but at the same time I won't buy it again.
The cheddar style powder packet is made with pumpkin and sweet potato flour, and also rice syrup solids so it has a sweet aftertaste that I don't prefer. I also missed that it has palm oil powder which I try my best to avoid. So, on a scale of one to ten I give this a three. It was edible, but not tasty.
Green onion, cilantro, jalapenos, celery, apples, instant mashed potatoes, almond rice crackers, protein powder, mac and cheese,basil, vegan gummies, carrots, cuties, navel oranges, avocado, lemons, Ataulfo mangoes


I found a big bag of organic instant mashed potatoes on the clearance shelf for $.99 and I couldn't resist. I figure that's a good thing to keep in the pantry for nights where I need comfort, but am too tired to peel and cube fresh potatoes! I also found some Celestial Seasonings pumpkin spice tea on clearance for $.99! I cannot recommend checking the clearance section of your grocery enough. It's so much more than just dented cans!!!
This is another milestone here at cat manor! Joan isn't as aggressive as Kiki in her dislike for Bubba, but she also makes it clear she's not a fan, so for her to be okay with him near her on the bed was another huge deal!!


2 comments:

  1. Kitty progress makes me happy!
    To bad about the mac and cheese. I think they just put tiny serving sizes on the boxes of most vegan mac and cheese so they can pretend that the numbers are 'better'. Obviously unless you are sharing it as a tiny side to something else, an adult is going to eat the whole box. And most of them aren't that filling even then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least now that you've given that boxed vegan mac a try, you won't have to keep wondering about it, haha! Such sweet sunshine kitties; I'm so happy for Bubba!

    ReplyDelete