Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Happy Food

                                       
                                                                                                                     
Towards the end of 2019 I discovered this YouTube channel and I'm so glad I did! I'm pretty picky about vegan YouTubers. So many are obsessed with no oil,salt and fat, while others are using hard to find, expensive ingredients and equipment that just isn't realistic for me. It makes me feel bad.
Some of the health obsessed stuff even sent me back into dangerous areas in terms of disordered eating. For a few months I tried intermittent fasting. It was so painful. My stomach was in pain, and it was not agreeing with me, but yet I forced myself to keep doing it. And the funny thing is, I already don't eat for quite some time when I wake up. It's just that I don't starve myself for sixteen hours.
I also tried water sauteing veggies, and I realized two things. One, I don't like the taste as much, and two while I don't love gobs of oil I am not afraid of some oil, especially if it's a small amount and adds to the flavor of the dish!
Anyway, I say all of that to say I love this YouTube channel. I discovered him around the same time and I love that he uses easy to find ingredients and everyday kitchen appliances.
I made this last night. I didn't have soy curls so I used mushrooms, potato and a little leftover baked tofu. Even if you don't want to make this, I HIGHLY recommend the green chili cashew sauce. I want to dump that on EVERYTHING!! I see myself making a mac and cheese with it sometime soon!
I took a picture of my meal, but it's really not a good picture at all, and I want to encourage everyone to make this delicious dish, so just trust me that it is AHMAZING! And because chickpea flour is full of protein, this meal fills you up and sticks with you!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so good! The green chili cashew cream is to die for!!

      Delete
  2. I am sure there are lots more youtubers who do videos like this, they just aren't appearing in the algorithms. Some people say some VERY DANGEROUS STUFF! It drives me up the wall! I like some "healthy" vegan recipes, but I do not want all the body shaming and health exploitation!

    ReplyDelete