Sunday, August 11, 2019

What I Ate!

I had the day off yesterday so I took pictures of what I ate and drank. I had a pretty relaxing day, just got some cleaning done. I also went to the park with my book for a bit, and made some vegan tacos for a non vegan! They were a hit! I'm not really sure why, but tacos are my go to when I make food for non vegans and non vegetarians. I think it's because even back in the day before vegan food really improved, beefless crumbles were pretty good. And everyone loves tacos!
I started my day with strawberries and bananas topped with some hempseeds. This was actually really satisfying!
I also had a handful of walnuts. I know it might sound crazy, but I really notice a little lift in my depression when I have some walnuts every day. Plus they're great for the skin!!
This isn't the prettiest juice, but it tasted much better than it looks! This is carrot, celery and orange juice.
You guys know I love humm kombucha, and this flavor might replace strawberry lemonade as my favorite flavor! You really can't taste the turmeric, so it's just a light and fizzy pineapple treat!!
Even though I like to get my ten minutes of sun a day, it's freaking hot and dry in SLC so I always have hibiscus tea when I'm out.
This was my dinner. I used gardein beefless crumbles and black beans as the base, and then added lots of avocado on top. Really, really delicious! For anyone who is gluten free, gardein's beefless crumbles are actually gluten free!
I used this taco seasoning I got at Sprouts. It was okay, but when they say mild they really mean mild! I'm a spicy gal and if it were just for me I would have gotten spicy, but alas I was cooking for someone with a gentler palate.
These vegan peanut M&M type candies were at the end of the checkout lane at Sprouts, and once I saw they were vegan I gave in to my impulse and had to try them!! It's been a really long time since I've had peanut M&M's I was more of a plain or mint girl, but these taste pretty close to what I remember. Now if only they would make vegan mint chocolate candies!!!








5 comments:

  1. Oooh what great eats! The fruit bowl for breakfast sounds perfect and the juice and kombucha must have been so refreshing! The tacos looks awesome, how great that you shared the vegan love and it was well received! And yesssss candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever see humm kombucha you should try it! I've loved every flavor, and no floaties!!!

      Delete
  2. They had mint M&Ms? Maybe that happened after I was vegan, but more likely I suspect we never had them here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! But this was a really, really long time ago. And then they brought them back a few years ago, but I was vegan!!
      They were so amazing!!!

      Delete
  3. I always loved the ones that crispy centers. I was sad when they brought them back for a limited release since they weren't vegan (I didn't expect it to be, but it was never really a temptation before lol)

    ReplyDelete