Monday, August 12, 2019

Oatmilk Coffee Creamer!

I used to be a very heavy coffee drinker. Actually, it was more of a full on caffeine addiction. I would start the day with a whole pot of coffee, and then later in the day move on to a few Red Bulls. I can't believe I never had a heart attack!! I gave up energy drinks many years ago, and gave up daily coffee not long after. I am now a tea drinker and I feel a lot happier, and less jittery! But every now and again green tea just isn't enough to get me going. I don't like buying a coffee on those days, so I keep those little instant coffee packets in my pantry. Instant coffee definitely isn't the best, but it does the job.
I went to Target this weekend for some cat supplies, and I saw this new to me coffee creamer, and it was on sale.
Oat milk is definitely the cauliflower of plant milks. It's having it's moment! I haven't tried plain oatmilk, although I made some homemade awhile ago and I found it too sweet for any kind of savory recipe. But snickerdoodle coffee creamer was impossible to pass up!
I made myself a little iced coffee with this, and it made my instant coffee taste like some artisinal handcrafted wood smoked heirloom coffee!! And it's incredibly creamy. I highly recommend, and I hope they make more flavors!!
I was still drinking coffee like a madwoman when I first went vegan. I can still remember the first time I poured soy milk into my coffee and it curdled!!! I gagged so hard, and I think I found one vegan coffee creamer that wasn't very good. You had to pour half the bottle in if you like your coffee kind of light. And now we have so many choices, creamers made out of every kind of nut or seed we can imagine! And most are pretty dang creamy.
Last night I made a spicy peanut sauce. While my tofu and rice were cooking, I stirred some of the peanut sauce with some cabbage to soften it a bit. Then I made a bowl with rice, tofu, cabbage and butter lettuce. I already want to make this meal again!!





14 comments:

  1. Do you think the Limited Edition means the snickerdoodle coffee creamer is a temporary thing? Like Holiday Nog? I would love to try it, if I can find it. I haven't found a spicy peanut sauce anything that didn't taste great. In a bowl like you put together, it's probably wonderfully addictive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think probably that flavor is a temporary thing, but hopefully they'll continue with other seasonal flavors? Although I wouldn't call snickerdoodle in the summer very seasonal! I hope you can find this!
      The bowl was addictive. I'm having the leftovers for breakfast! Ha!

      Delete
  2. Can't say snickerdoodle flavor sounds too appealing to me, but I must agree there are so many delicious non-dairy creamers now. We're really spoiled for choice!

    Haven't heard any Bubba news in a few days. Hope things are still going well. If it doesn't work out for some reason, please don't be afraid to tell your readers. I think we'd rather know than be left hanging!

    Oh, and that cabbage looks amazing. Never thought to have it with peanut sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snickerdoodles are one of my least favorite cookies, but in creamer form it's pretty nice. And it definitely helps instant coffee!
      Bubba is doing great! He's still getting used to the other kitties and spends alot of time in the second room so there hasn't been a ton to report!

      Delete
  3. Your spicy peanut sauce bowl looks so good! I'm glad you found such a nice coffee creamer for your instant coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *drools* that peanut tofu cabbage mix sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! Like coleslaw but with peanut sauce!!

      Delete
  5. That bowl looks amazing!
    I love oat milk, I am hoping we get the So Delicious oat milk ice creams here soon. Creamer doesn't seem to be much of a thing here, vegan or otherwise, and certainly not in all the flavours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, creamers are such a big deal here! There are like nine million non vegan creamers, and three million vegan creamers!!
    I want to maybe try chocolate oatmilk, but oatmilk is really one of the more expensive milks here so I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I SAW THE CREAMER ADVERTISED!!! Sorry for the screaming but I've been wanting to try it but haven't gone to look for it yet. I can't wait to try it, I love creamers that actually lighten up your coffee. That meals looks INCREDIBLE!! I really really need to make some peanut sauce, it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check Target. I saw someone on Twitter and Instagram say they found it at Target too!!!

      Delete
  8. Curdling creamer is so frustrating! Oddly enough, when I went vegan I suddenly got to put creamer in acidic herbal teas without it curdling and it was like the VERY BEST THING. Seriously, try some creamer in orange spice herbal tea sometime. SO GOOD.

    I have been using the non-dairy unsweeetened half-and-half almond and coconut milk creamer from Coffee Mate, but yes, oats are having their cauliflower moment! (And before that it was sun dried tomatoes, and before that, strawberry-kiwi...) I'll be on the lookout for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone in putting creamer in herbal tea@! I have had creamer in orange spice!!
      Trader Joe's coconut and soy creamers are pretty good too.
      Don't forget about kale! Kale is kind of still having it's moment, but cauliflower has dulled the shine a bit!!!

      Delete