Friday, August 9, 2019

Lots of Food and Hubba Bubba!!

You know a week doesn't go by without a red lentil curry! This had red lentils, tofu and potatoes I made the curry in the morning and had it at night when I got home. This is definitely one of my all time favorite meals.
Since I had some extra gluten free tortillas, I made one of my old favorite meals. Hummus quesadillas! The hummus gets all warm and almost cheese-y. With lots of green dragon sauce of course!
Little sushi wraps is another favorite quick meal. This time I had tamari and wasabi and a spicy veganaise. I like these when I just don't have it in me to roll actual sushi!
I'm definitely a savory breakfast gal. Give me a chickpea pancake with hot sauce over a sweet pancake with syrup any day of the week!! I keep meaning to be like an actual adult who plans and get some veggies like mushrooms, maybe some zucchini and saute them ahead of time to add to my chickpea batter but I always forget. Plus, knowing what a brat I am the minute I make the veggies is the minute I don't want chickpea pancakes anymore.
I found some sweet potato glass noodles hidden behind some glass jars in my pantry and decided to make the most basic japchae. I know it's so much better with carrots and mushroom but all I had was tofu and green onion. It was still so tasty and really hit the spot. This meal was ready in under fifteen minutes, and it was so much better than any takeout!!
Food is great and all, but I have some cute pictures of Bubba who is so much greater!! He's been doing really well and it's been really nice watching him heal and feel better.
I've had this box of like nine million reusable shopping bags from Good Pop just sitting in the second room for so long now. Like I can't give these things away! But Bubba loves to nap in the box!! If you look really closely you can see his little tongue!
Yesterday we hung out while I read some blogs and stuff. He made commenting rather difficult, he does like to be on my lap!
He seems to take after Joan and Roxy and really enjoys birds for cats videos. He prefers to watch birds inside!









10 comments:

  1. It seems like Bubba has really made himself at home!! That's incredible, it makes me so happy! Also, I wanted to update you and let you know that I found Callie a potential home!! Keep your fingers crossed that it all works out and that she gets along with all of their pets!

    All of the meals look incredible. I really need to make a quesadilla and the sushi bowl looks so yummy! Chickpea pancakes are so good! Next week I'm going to be posting about a chickpea omelette recipe that I tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I am so happy for Callie! I will definitely keep my fingers crossed!!
      Quesadillas are so great!! I almost like them better than grilled cheese!!
      Oooh, I can't wait for the chickpea omelette recipe!!

      Delete
  2. Bubba's the cutest. I love when they stick they're little tongues out. I have one little girl that I swear, pokes her tongue out when she's trying to melt my resistance.

    Looks like you have your kitchen mojo in gear. I'm curious - do you have a recipe for the chickpea pancakes? Are those pliable enough to use like crepes? Like, could I saute veggies separately and wrap them in the pancakes? I'd love to try them. Give me your thoughts.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of just Put some garbanzo flour in a bowl, usually 1/2 to 3/4 cup, and kind of add water till it's a thickish pancake batter. I don't think it's pliable enough for crepes, but then again I've never made crepes! People make chickpea omelettes all the time, so I feel like a crepe might be possible?? Okay, I just Googled it and check out http://wallflowerkitchen.com/savoury-chickpea-crepes/ this recipe!!! It looks totally possible and delicious!!!
      If you try it let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  3. Oh, wow, a hummus quesadilla was the first vegan quesadilla I made, and I remember it being so good; I'll have to make it again sometime! Bubba sounds like such a sweetheart; I'm so happy he's enjoying the indoor life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a simple meal, but it just tastes so good!!
      He is seriously so sweet! He's cuddling with me right now!!!

      Delete
  4. Deconstructed sushi bowls really hit the spot sometimes! Glad Bubba is adjusting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do!! And it's so much easier!
      He really is, he absolutely loves the indoor life. He's like a whole new boy!!!

      Delete
  5. Oh sweet Bubba! I do see his tiny blep in the first photo. Such a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete