Sunday, August 4, 2019

Saturday Eats!

I had the day off yesterday, and it was supposed to be a pretty relaxed day, just cleaning and doing laundry. Life had different plans though because the one washer that works at my apartment decided to not finish the spin cycle on my sheets, so they were sopping wet and smelled really funky. So I had to lug a sopping wet bag of laundry to the laundromat to rewash and dry. I don't think I'm alone in hating the laundromat!!! When I complained to my landlord she claimed to have not known there's a problem with either washing machine, even though I have texts complaining about the washers several times!!
Despite being annoyed, I did take a picture of what I ate and drank yesterday. I had a pretty tasty day!
I started the day with some strawberries and this smoothie made with mango, kiwi, strawberries, banana, frozen grapes and hemp seeds. Fruit just tastes so good on really dry, hot days!
I'm still drinking celery juice almost every day! Not sure if it's doing anything for my health, but it's obviously not hurting me! This is celery and orange juice. Not too bad.
I can't get enough summer fruit! Nectarine and red plum. I also had two yellow plums, but they were so delicious and I ate them so fast I totally forgot to take a picture!!
I really love Sprouts brand lemon fizzy water. It has a strong lemon flavor and the perfect amount of fizz. And it comes in a glass bottle that I can reuse. I also had a glass of this delicious booch.
For dinner I made a kitchari/ curry soup hybrid. Red lentils, potatoes and rice with cumin, turmeric and curry powder. Plus coconut milk of course. Topped with crunchy tofu croutons. I also had some cucumber and celery with hummus on the side. This really hit the spot!
And of course not a day goes by without a serious cuddle session from these two!! And of course they're holding paws!!








6 comments:

  1. This looks like a good day of eating! But I'm sorry about the laundry. I, too, hate the laundromat. I once had a pretty seriously bad incident with laundry in an apartment of mine and hauling everything off somewhere else while it was wet and heavy to have to dry it was so frustrating. I hope your machines are in working order soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! The laundromat is no fun at all. It looks like you made up for it with some delicious meals. Summer fruit is seriously the best and your dinner looks fantastic! Look at those snuggles!! <3 The holding paws, omg my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is everybody drinking celery juice all of sudden? What does it do for health? That curry soup looks so savory and delicious! The kitties are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so frustrating; I hope the laundry situation gets resolved soon! Your dinner looks amazing, and the cuddlers are adorable; they both look so comfy and content!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holding paws... so adorable. At least a sweet ending to a day made stressful by laundry! I hope they fix it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things like that make me happy that I own my house (er.. the bank does until we pay it off, but close enough lol) but I HATED trying to get a hold of landlords to fix things. And it seemed to not get much better when I knew people with nicer places.

    ReplyDelete