Sunday, August 18, 2019

I'm a Freegan Now!!

I was off yesterday and I had a nice mellow day. Just puttering around the house, and keeping to myself. My introverted self feels especially drained this week for some reason. People have just taken their toll on me!
On days like this I try to really listen to my body and give it what it wants. My body was really craving peanut butter and banana so that's what I had to start the day.
I also had this delicious plum, I believe it's called a dapper, or maybe dappler plum? And while I normally avoid fuzzy peaches, a house up the street has a peach tree and the peaches are spilling on to the street so I picked two. The skin is so much less fuzzier than peaches in the store. I'm a freegan now!! Ha!
I also had a few cold baked potatoes with mustard. Cold baked potatoes are seriously delicious, I know it sounds weird but I swear it isn't.
I also drank a lot of this iced. I found this on sale at Sprouts and it is so freaking good!! It has a light grapefruit flavor and it's just really, really refreshing on a hot day.
When I was coming home from the park I found a tiny little cherry tomato plant along the fence! It had one little ripe tomato. There were some green ones too, so I'm going to keep checking. This little tomato was so sweet and flavorful!




More peanut sauce for dinner! I have this Korean BBQ sauce made with gochujang that I don't love on it's own, so I decided to use some in a peanut sauce. Peanut butter and some sesame oil definitely improved the original sauce! I had the sauce with rice, tofu, cucumber, romaine and green onion.
And that was a day of eating. I did also have a celery and pear juice and a lime popsicle that didn't get photographed. 


Bubba wishes everyone a happy Sunday! He's still loving life on the inside! Etta and Joan are still hissing at him, and he prefers to stay in his room most of the time, but he's getting more comfortable every day!



8 comments:

  1. Cold baked potatoes with mustard are so good, even better combined with roasted peppers. Very satisfying and long-lasting nourishment.

    Hissing remedy: try including something with Bubba's scent (like a towel, sweater, etc.) near/under the hissing cats' food and water.

    A happy Sunday wish back to Bubba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip!! Joan in particular has a ral issue with Bubba living here.

      Delete
  2. I love cold baked potatoes too.
    And peanut butter makes everything better.
    So glad to see Bubba settling in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone! Cold baked potatoes would be a great road trip food because they aren't very messy!
      Bubba is settling in, if only Joan would relax a bit!! She is very unwelcoming!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Bubba!! This is a great day of food! I've never tried cold baked potatoes but now I'm so curious! You know I love your peanut sauce bowls, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day of food! Cold baked potatoes are so good! And a nice filling snack too! Thanks Oprah!!

      Delete
  4. Yay for finding free fruits and veggies! I'm starting to get curious about the cold baked potatoes, too; I'll have to try that sometime! Sweet Bubba with his little tongue poking out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to walk by that house today and see if I can score more peaches!!!
      I love his little tongue too!!!

      Delete