Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Some Tasty Treats

I don't usually buy these superfood drinks, especially the four sigmatic drinks, but I saw this at Sprouts or Natural Grocers on sale and I had to try it. I make turmeric lattes every now and again, but I almost always add too much turmeric. This was very nice and very creamy like an actual latte. I would definitely buy this again, especially in the fall and winter!! There's Bubba in the background. He's looking at Joan hissing at him!!
Grape is one of my favorite popsicle flavors. I saw these on sale at Target and had to try them. I knew they'd be good since they're from Annie's. I was right, they have a very strong grape flavor. They also had cherry, and I debated because cherry is another favorite. Next time!
For the dry ass, hot days in SLC lime or lemon are my favorite after I've been out in this dry heat. These are nice and lime-y and tart!!
You guys know gluten free items are hit or miss (usually miss) with me. But these pretzels are the unicorn of gluten free items. They taste exactly like regular pretzels. They are maybe a little denser, but not as much as most gluten free items. I love them with hummus or dipped in yellow mustard. Snyder's makes the BEST BBQ chips too, but very hard to find.
I had some leftover peanut sauce the other night, so I made another rice and veggie bowl. This had more cabbage, avocado and some lemongrass tofu. Delicious!
Yesterday I made peanut stew, using this recipe. I added red lentils, and blended those with the sweet potato and then added kale instead of collard greens. I served mine with quinoa. I love this stew so much. To me this is comfort food!







10 comments:

  1. I love grape flavored things too. I don't know why it gets such a bad reputation! It feels like such an unpopular flavor but it's delicious. Lime popsicles are also so delicious. The turmeric latte sounds great, I really want to try them when it gets cooler. The rice bowl with the peanut sauce is seriously my dream meal right now, I really need to make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grape bubblegum was always my fave as a kid, and I always got teased for it!!

      Delete
  2. Sorry Hillary and Sarah, I'm on Team Grape-Hater. But those lime popsicles, on the other hand, really do sound good.

    I've always been curious about turmeric lattes. Honestly, they always look so good but (being that I know turmeric is a major component of curry) they sound kind of weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Team Grape for life!!
      Turmeric lattes are very weird if you add to much turmeric which is what I do when I make them myself. But this one was very creamy and really didn't have a turmeric-y flavor. I might experiment again with making homemade, or imay just keep adding turmeric to savory dishes!!

      Delete
  3. I love superfood lattes, because I can't say no to something silly and colourful. But turmeric lattes I do also very much enjoy for the flavour, as well as the colour.

    Your meals look so good. That tofu bowl in particular is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to experiment more with making my own turmeric latte, it's much cheaper!! I love trying a good superfood drink too!

      Delete
  4. I've tried those gluten-free pretzels, and they were spot-on! Your rice and veggie bowl looks so good, and I still need to make a peanut stew sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they really nailed it with the pretzels!! I don't think I would have known they were gluten free if it weren't for the packaging!!

      Delete
  5. Grape flavor is one of my favorites, too!

    Your stew looks amazing! It's been too long since I made something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay team grape!!
      I always forget how satisfying peanut stew is. I know I say this a lot, but it was like I got a hug from the inside!

      Delete