Monday, August 26, 2019

Some Tasty Vegan Food I've Been Eating!

I had kind of an eat out of the pantry weekend since I needed to get groceries on Saturday but just wasn't up to Trader Joe's or even Sprouts to be honest. I still managed to have some tasty food, but I can't wait to get some more fruit and veg today!
When I want sushi but don't feel like rolling I love to have little sushi wraps with seaweed snacks. I will say the gimMe seaweed snacks are extremely fishy. I don't think I'll buy that brand again, it was a little too much for me.
I picked up this hummus at Smith's. I've always been curious about it, but I assumed it could never be as good as Trader Joe's Mediterranean hummus.Boy was I wrong this stuff is so good! It's really herb-y and tastes really fresh!
I picked up one of those Asian salad mixes one night and had it with some baked tofu. This is one of my favorite easy meals. I don't buy those salad kits often because they're so expensive, but I really, really love the Asian salad kit. It's such a treat!
Smith's also had Endangered Species chocolate bars on sale two for four, and these are my favorite!! Does anyone like Mr. Goodbar? These are like a fancier version!!
Yesterday I roasted some potatoes with a little Italian dressing. It's so good, the potatoes soak in all that flavor. I had some for breakfast with some garlic and dill sauerkraut. Delicious!
Last night I made tofu tikka masala. I used this recipe. I changed a few things of course. I didn't use bell pepper, or a slow cooker. I don't even understand the difference between a slow cooker and a crock pot!! I also didn't use cherry tomatoes. I remember I followed a different recipe for tikka masala once, and it involved soaking dried chilis and cashews and using the cashew cream. It was much more complicated and this recipe is just as good. Anyway this was rich and very delicious!
I've also been enjoying these GoodPop orange cream bars! Vegan creamsicles!! I've seen some mixed reviews on these, but I love them so much!!!
Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with a haul. I don't know how to describe how I've been feeling. It's not really a funk, it's just maybe a slump? Or I'm just exhausted by people. I'm not sure but I'm just a bit off. But I've put grocery shopping off as long as I can so look out Trader Joe's!









6 comments:

  1. You've been eating so well! Everything looks so delicious! I like the Asian salad mixes too. I don't buy salad mixes often either but that one I will make an exception for. The sushi wraps and roasted potatoes sound so good and hooray for chocolate! That popsicle sounds awesome too, creamsicle is such a great flavor!

    I hope that you are able to get what you need without have all of the energy sucked out of you. Hope you feel better soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that tofu tikka masala looks awesome! And we have that same hummus at Kroger (I think Kroger and Smith's are really the same thing), and IT'S SO GOOD. I love all the Private Selection hummus flavors. P.S. I think Crock Pot is just the brand name for a slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the good parts about putting off grocery stores is you get to go for that big Trader Joe's trip! Sorry you're not doing well.

    Isn't a crock pot just a brand of slow cooker?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Endangered Species. Salted peanuts and chocolate sounds like an excellent combination. I am glad that you also enjoyed that hummus so much. I hope TJs is kind to you when you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some pretty awesome meals for eating out of the pantry! Your salad and tofu bowl is so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made that slow cooker recipe before. It is good!

    ReplyDelete