Wednesday, August 28, 2019

TVP Taco Tuesday!!!


I was making tacos for myself and some non vegans last night and I decided to use what I think is an unappreciated ingredient. TVP!!! I always make tacos for non vegans for some reason, and people love the tacos whether I used TVP or a more expensive plant crumble.
A lot of times you can find TVP in bulk sections. I filled this whole pasta sauce jar for sixty six cents!! I was able to make enough filling for about twelve tacos, and I have enough TVP for many more meals. I'm thinking TVP sloppy Joe's!!!
This is the final product. I just sauteed the TVP in some coconut oil with green onion and taco seasoning and then added some cooked black beans. So easy and crowd pleasing!!
Here are some filled tacos! I kept it pretty simple as I usually do. Just some crunchy shells, the taco filling, tomatillo salsa and shredded romaine.
I found these on sale at Sprouts so I picked up a box for dessert. I should have bought all the boxes, these are the best mochi I've ever had. I thought the chocolate would be my favorite, but I loved them both. Sprouts should sell the strawberry coconut ice cream on it's own, it had a great strawberry flavor! I had to show the box to prove these are vegan, so I say that's a success!!




7 comments:

  1. How amazing that you are sharing the vegan love with omni friends. I love that they had to see the box, that is definitely a great sign! The taco filling looks perfect, and I need that mochi! I really want chocolate mochi but can't find a vegan version anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo is priceless! Kiki looks like she's perched on two fluffy bean bag chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tacos sound wonderful, and that's so encouraging that they were a hit with your non-vegan friends! I still need to try mochi sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love TVP, and agree that it is definitely under appreciated. I really love the big chunk version as well, so good in stews! I think a lot of cookbooks and recipes have now replaced it with seitan in their ingredients, but that is a mistake because TVP is awesome, soaks up all the flavours, and has a texture that nothing else can quite match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! I love TVP, and I always forget about it!! I need to get mine out of the pantry and put it to use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love TVP and wish people used it more. It's cheap and shelf stable and it tastes so good when prepared well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why I never think about using TVP for tacos! Such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete