Thursday, August 22, 2019

What I Ate While Ignoring the World!

Yesterday I took the day off from everything to try and recover. I've been having to deal with some toxic people and it's drained me so much. I just feel so tired and drained. But that's what energy vampires do, they drain you. So, I called in sick from life and took it easy yesterday. I've always wanted to be one of those people who can be around any type of person and not really get affected by their energy. But unfortunately I don't have that gift.
I took a picture of everything I ate, except my green juice. But by now you know what my celery juice concoctions look like!!
I started the day with chia and hempseed pudding with raspberries. I really enjoy chia pudding, I need to have it more!!
I went foraging for more peaches. Pretty decent haul for free!!! Just to be clear, the peach tree is on the grass between the sidewalk and the street, in front of some house so I'm not sneaking on to someone's yard. And a lot of these peaches were on the ground. Whoever lives in the house doesn't understand how lucky they are to have all these free peaches!!!!
I found some real Seattle's Best coffee for really cheap at Winco, so I've been making cold brew coffee instead of using those instant packets. This is so much better!! Plus, I've been really homesick for Seattle. Although when I lived in Seattle I became a coffee snob and didn't drink Seattle's Best. I'm not a snob anymore, this tastes pretty great, especially compared to instant!!!
This looks like such a mess of slop but it was so freaking good! I made a cheese sauce with some raw cashews and potatoes and then made mac and cheese with tofu. I used these tiny gluten free macaroni noodles I got at Trader Joe's, and I think I like bigger noodles. I think the tiny mac would be better for soups or something. Either way it tasted so much better than it looks!
This has been Kiki's thing. Stalking Bubba. Not in an aggressive way, in a curious I'm studying you kind of way. She keeps her distance as you should do when your tailing someone!! I don't think he minds because of her super gentle nature, and because she does keep her distance.





8 comments:

  1. What brand of coffee did you drink when you were in Seattle? Is the process of making cold brew coffee the same as in making iced tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would always buy bulk coffee and experiment with different brews and flavors at home, and when I got coffee out it always had to be from an independent shop!!
      I don't know if I make cold brew the correct way, but I just put the coffee in the bottom of a container,add water and let it sit on the counter overnight. Then, in the morning I strain it. It works really well! Also, one time I didn't make any overnight, so I poured boiling water over the coffee and it was ready in like an hour or two.

      Delete
  2. I'm really glad that you were able to recognize that you needed a break and took a mental health break. I am still unable to bring myself to do that when I need to but I am inspired by this post and will give myself a mental health day over the weekend. Your meals look amazing and OMG yesssss free peaches! That is amazing! Peaches are so good and free peaches are even better. I think the mac n cheese looks deliciously creamy and perfect! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great mental health day!!! It's so important. I just knew I was going to explode if I didn;t give myself that day!!!

      Delete
  3. I hope your day off helped, and hooray for more free peaches; they look so good! Your mac & cheese with tofu sounds amazing! And sweet Kiki and Bubba; I hope this is the start of a wonderful friendship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. It's pretty cute how she stalks him. He's still pretty shy around the girls, but he's getting braver every day!!

      Delete
  4. Good on you for taking a day to look after yourself!
    Your mac and cheese looks ah-may-zing!
    I hope Kiki and Bubba become snuggle buddies one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once had to leave a job because 70% of the workers were just so toxic. There was such tension between the evening and morning staff that it was like "nope I have to leave" I am pretty good about having a thick skin, but I knew it could only end in a disaster.

    And yes! I feel like when people have fruit trees they just don't care. My sister was thinking about getting an apple tree, and I hated the idea. She doesn't take care of her garden, and doesn't preserve food. I just knew there would end up being a ring of rotting apples around the tree.

    ReplyDelete