Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Gardein Veggie Burgers!

I used to love gardein back when I ate gluten. I especially loved their mandarin chick'n. I had to say goodbye to most of their stuff when I went gluten free. They do have a chipotle black bean burger that's gluten free, but it's kind of hard to find. So I was so surprised when I saw another gluten free option at Natural Grocers.I didn't even know gardein had a plain veggie burger, so I had to pick up a bag!
In my vegetarian days, my favorite veggie burgers were the gardenburger original brand and morningstar farms veggie burgers. They were made with veggies and not really truing to be meaty, but they still had a little of that greasy burger feel in a good way. A lot of the veggie burgers that are vegan are healthy and they taste extremely healthy.
I had high hopes that gardein would follow in the footsteps of gardenburger and morningstar farms. I decided to heat one up for a quick lunch yesterday. I just heated it in the oven and had it plain at first so I could really taste it, and then I added some mustard.
Gardein did not disappoint. It's full of peas, red peppers, carrots, and corn. It has a savory garlic taste and it's definitely not trying to be meat, but it's not trying to be healthy either. It holds together really well so I bet they would be great on a grill! It would be great loaded up with lettuce, tomato, sprouts and avocado on a big old bun.
This is one of my goals. When I'm in a great mood I think I am that person, but sometimes after a long day of toxic people I know I am not someone I'd love to meet.
The pink sweater is still a part of my bed! You should see the panic on the faces when I wash the bedding including that sweater! And these two are just ridiculous!



4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the Gardein veggie burgers! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them; they sound really good!
    So much pink sweater love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny about the pink sweater! Love the snuggle pile! I'm glad your splurge was worth it, the burger looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah, those burgers taste so healthy and don't fill the cravings at all. Glad Gardein didn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be the type of person you want to meet... So I should be a cat? I want to meet cats. ;) I am so glad your girls are still loving on the pink sweater!

    ReplyDelete