Friday, August 16, 2019

Sprouts Haul!!

I went to Sprouts yesterday for some stuff. Every few weeks they send a five dollar off coupon in their weekly ad and this is a week where I had a coupon! I wanted to go to Trader Joe's too, but I just didn't want to deal with them yesterday. So I'll hit them up today. Bagged salads and lettuce are a dollar cheaper at Trader Joe's and since I've been trying to eat a lot more greens that adds up. So, anyway here's my little Sprouts haul!
Lemons, tea, onions,tomatoes,kombucha,tamari,tofu,sunbutter cups,celery,potatoes,bulk rice, garbanzo flour and cashews,all the types of plums,pears,rice and millet ramen,mayacama gravy,garlic
I noticed last week I was snacking on junk more than usual. I mean, not total junk but I guess more junk than I'm used to. Vegan Rob's and Snyder's gluten free pretzels were both on sale so I was in snack heaven. But, I also noticed that my stomach was very upset for the last two or three days. Just for the first few hours I was awake. I have a pretty iron stomach so it was pretty surprising. I decided to go a week with no junk food (except for my beloved popsicles!) so that's why this haul is so healthy and basic. Sprouts has had Vegan Rob's veggie and cheddar puffs on sale for quite awhile, and it was so HARD to pass them up!!! Like so hard! But honestly, I had no junk yesterday, and I had potatoes for dinner and I feel much better today. In the past when I've done the potato diet, my digestion has always been on point so I'm going to eat a lot of potatoes this week!
I saw some new to me burgers and other mock meats. This company also makes deli slices. It seems everyone is making "beefy" burgers these days!!
And another option! I've heard rumblings of this company, but yesterday was the first time I've seen them with my own eyes! More 'beefy" burgers, plus more!
They have chickenless nuggets, chickenless patties, sausage patties and crumbles. As you can see, they're on sale for six dollars so that means they're usually more. I feel like a bad blogger because I didn't even check the ingredients to pass along. They aren't priced for me so I didn't even think to see what they're made of. But they are vegan I do know that!
I love this. Sprouts does have the Beyond meat burgers, ground and sausages near the regular meat, but it has it's own cooler next to the gross stuff. I know Beyond is going for the non vegan customers, and I fully support that, but for me having their products mixed right in with regular beef is a huge turn off for me and I'm sure many, many others. I feel like this is such a perfect compromise. These products are still front and center with the animal products, but they have their own safe little cooler.




3 comments:

  1. Love Sprouts so much and I seriously need one here! Your haul looks great and I hope it helps you feel better (it seems like it has!). It's so amazing how many options are flying out these days! It's so exciting to see vegan options take up so much space in regular grocery stores. We really are in the middle of a revolution I think. It's very awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great haul, and I'm glad you are feeling better! I haven't heard of either of those companies, but hooray for more options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great haul, and great to see so much vegan variety available in the store. We have some vegan meats (including Beyond Burger) in our supermarkets here that are in the regular meat section. Honestly, I just don't even look for them because it is upsetting to have to looking at all the dead animal flesh to find where they have put them. But I know that they aren't there for me, so that is OK. I can always online order or get them from The Green Edge if I really want to!

    ReplyDelete