Friday, March 22, 2019

What I've Been Eating plus Cats!

I've been trying to eat less sugar, but yesterday I was feeling the blues and I needed gummies! Finding vegan gummies is really difficult sometimes! I don't know what made me read the ingredients on these because every single other gummy by this brand has gelatin, but for whatever reason the sour heads do not. I liked these a lot better than sour patch kids, they weren't as in your face sour and they had no weird dyes.
I tried so hard to get Etta to look up at me but she is just not cooperative when it comes to pictures! We are so alike in that way!I've still been on the salad for breakfast train. I added some Violife shreds to this one, and it was so tasty! That's something I appreciate about the violife shreds, they taste good cold. I would never add daiya or FYH shreds to a salad, that would ruin my lettuce!!
Another week, another curry! Red lentil, potato and tofu curry.With tomato paste and some mushroom powder for extra umami flavor! I know I eat this a lot, but I crave it. It's definitely one of my favorite meals.
I treated myself to this booch along with my vegan gummies yesterday. This is one of my favorite flavors and brands of kombucha. When I see it on sale I have to have one!
The pink sweater forever remains!
I love Cherry anything so I was excited when I saw that Natural Grocers had the cherry Forager cashewgurt. It's so good!!! Really great, natural cherry flavor.
More Tom Yum soup for dinner. I'm so happy I found a vegan Tom Yum paste. It makes it so easy to have this delicious soup anytime I want. Yesterday was a grey, dismal day and this woke up my senses and hit the spot.
These two have the right idea when it comes to grey, dismal mornings. Just cuddle up with your best friend!







5 comments:

  1. Oooh what great meals and hooray for vegan gummies! I love that you are able to treat yourself and gummies are always a fun treat! I'm glad you are loving the violife shreds, I swear we are so spoiled with vegan awesomeness nowadays! The soup and salad are lovely :) Hooray for kitty cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great! I'll definitely have to try the Violife in salads; I used to love adding cheese to salads before going vegan!
    Sweet cuddly kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you did find some gummies! I would eat gummy peaches by the bag when i was in high school (and still blissfully unaware of wtf gelatin really is)
    Did your own scoby die? I had such a problem to restart my kombucha when it was so cold but now it’s enough warmer everything is happy again :)) i love lemon ginger! The one and only time i added the tinest bit of cayenne to the second ferment my bottles were INSANE bubbly!! Like bottle overflow when i opened them. And it was way too spicy for me! Haha.
    I actually just bought some tom yum paste today! I was in chinatown and the big grocery has a bunch of ingredients from all over asia. Took a lot of label reading but I found one :)) going to make some this coming week!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Etta is just steadfastly staring ahead, refusing to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gummies are so yummy. It is nice to find some that are vegan, which is becoming more and more common.

    Etta is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete