Sunday, March 3, 2019

Sprouts Haul plus Dinner!

I picked up a few groceries yesterday. Since it was a Saturday and I went mid-morning I skipped Trader Joe's. I feel like I could chug a whole bottle of CBD oil and still not be able to handle Trader Joe's on a Saturday!
Luckily for me Sprouts is having a pretty decent sale, and I had a coupon for five dollars off a purchase of thirty dollars or more.
In shell peanuts(for the squirrels), green grapes, Bulk rice, cilantro,Romaine hearts, green onion, navel and Valencia oranges, cauliflower crackers, bulk spices, raw cashews, live probiotic soda, lemongrass,avocados(three for a dollar!), raspberry coconut yogurt,lemons, garlic, jalapeno and onion, vegan gummies, tofu
I've been eyeballing these crackers for quite some time. They're normally four or five dollars a box which is why I only eyeball them. But this week they were on sale two for four so I decided to give them a try! They're made with cassava flour and of course cauliflower. I tried the cheddar crackers when I got home. The texture is a bit dense and crunchy like what I've come to expect with gluten free crackers. They taste good though, nice and salty like you would expect a cheesy cracker to be. Honestly I probably wouldn't buy them again, especially at the regular price but I'm grateful they were on sale so I could try them! I want to make a potato broccoli chowder later this week and I think the sea salt crackers will be a nice stand in for saltines or oyster crackers.
I whipped up a delicious gochujang stew for dinner. It was snowing and raining most of the day so I wanted something spicy and soothing for dinner and this definitely hit the spot! I kept it simple with garlic, tofu and rice cakes. Plus some green onion for color. Delicious!


10 comments:

  1. Looks like a great haul from Sprouts, and nice that you got to try the crackers! Your gochujang stew sounds like a fantastic dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an awesome haul and hooray for deals and sales! I'm glad you got to try the crackers even if they aren't worth the full price. Curiosity satisfied! The stew looks amazing! I got my ingredients and we are expecting snow so I see this happening in my near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, the crackers definitely aren't worth full price, but I'm still glad i got to try them!
      I hope you don't get too much snow!

      Delete
  3. The crackers sound interesting! I used to love the cheddar almond flour crackers (I think Diamond makes them) but obviously those are off limits now. And what a price for avocados! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sprouts has been having great avocado sales lately! This is the second time in two months avocados have been three for one dollar!

      Delete
  4. Sprouts has you covered! And what a fab coupon too! The 3/$1 avocados totally blow my mind. I always want a crunchy cracker or chips thing with soup, i bet the cheddar ones will be great with broccoli soup.
    The rice cake stew sounds perfect for wintery weather! It keeps snowing on us lately (uuuggghhh) and going to snow again tonight- I literally have a carrot coconut milk curry soup on the stove right now, going to add some white beans to it before i puree
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hit the jackpot this week at Sprouts for sure!!
      I think I might attempt the soup tomorrow and I think the crackers will be great! I think I might use your idea of white beans when I make it for extra creaminess and protein!!

      Delete
  5. I really need to get some of those rice cakes and make a non-spicy stew with them, they look so satisfying.
    $1 for 3 avocados is mind blowing. I think the best I have seen here is 2 for $4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rice cakes really are satisfying. They're chewy and soft and filling, I love them!!
      I know, I couldn't believe it.Usually $.89 is a deal!!

      Delete