Monday, March 25, 2019

More Riceless Dishes!

I started my day with another smoothie with raspberries, blueberries, avocado and peanut butter. I also used some coconut milk this time which helped with the tartness a little After my smoothie I roasted some Brussels sprouts while I was cleaning. I tossed them with some tamari, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and nooch. I also had some cucumber with an olive oil vinaigrette. This really, really hit the spot. All of a sudden I can't get enough Brussels sprouts!!
For dinner I just kept it simple with Thai green curry soup with edamame, baked tofu an scallions. Normally I would have this with rice or rice noodles, but it was still tasty on it's own. I'm surprised at how easy it is for me to live without rice! I thought I would be struggling a lot more because I have rice a couple times a week, but so far it's okay!
I had decided to avoid processed sugar for a week before deciding to flirt with vegan keto, so I had picked this bar up. It's sugar free and the keto approved! Extremely dark is an understatement in my book. This tastes almost exactly like baking chocolate!! Susan you would LOVE this bar! She is definitely dark, angry and very pissed at the world!!
This is what went down at my place all weekend! It's been grey and dismal and Kiki is making the most of it. Of course Afro doesn't seem to mind at all!





6 comments:

  1. Trader Joe's has another chocolate bar that is extreamly dark. So dark I dare say I couldn't eat it. I think I ended up baking with it.

    There is a whole section of Wegman's that has keto approved foods. Maybe I will photograph it and send it to you via Instagram for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wuld love that! As usual I kind of just jumped in and didn't o a whole lot of research. I could use ideas and inspiration!

      Delete
    2. Found this recipe list and it seemed to fit your situation perfectly lol
      https://chooseveg.com/blog/9-vegan-keto-recipes-for-trying-the-ketogenic-diet/

      Delete
    3. I would eat that bar, no matter how dark. ;)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh those brussels sprouts sound amazing!! I found a recipe for maple, pecan roasted brussels sprouts and I think I need them in my life now. Yaassss chocolate! I'm glad you found some that you can work into your plan, what is life without chocolate?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I love me some angry chocolate!
    I also love me some kitty snuggles!

    ReplyDelete