Sunday, March 24, 2019

More Stuff, Sunday Edition!

I saw this flavor at Natural Grocers and I had to try it. I'm a big fan of Brew Dr. but I usually like fruit or ginger flavored kombucha so I was a little nervous. No worries though, it's great! It almost has a root beer or cream soda vibe to it. Really tasty!
These are one of my favorite veggie burgers ever! To find them on a WooHoo sale makes them even better!
I decided to try the mozzarella shreds since I like the cheddar so much. I'm happy to report that the mozzarella shreds are just as tasty, even right out of the bag!!
This smoothie taught me how sweet bananas really are! Since I'm experimenting with vegan keto/low carb no bananas for me this week. So this smoothie got it's creaminess from an avocado which made it nice and creamy, but not sweet. It was still good, just tart. I think this is the first smoothie I've ever had with no banana.
I had less than zero urge to cook last night. So I went for a super easy meal. Butter lettuce salad with sunflower seeds, pickles, violife mozzarella and two Yves burgers on top. This hit the spot, and I felt very satisfied after eating this!
Today is day three of my kind of keto experiment. I'm basically eating very little carbs and upping my protein and fat. So far I feel good. I don't feel sluggish or tired or anything like that. And so far I'm enjoying the food and I don't feel like I'm lacking anything. I feel like I might start to crave a potato at some point this week, but so far so good.






13 comments:

  1. Oooh what great finds! Great idea to use the avocado in the smoothie. It's so funny because I don't really like bananas as my smoothie base anymore. I love using mango instead! I know you can't use that on your current plan but it's really good. The salad sounds so delicious, I need to try pickles in my salad! I'm so glad that you are feeling good! Hopefully this will be just what you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using mango too! It makes it so creamy and sweet! Sprouts has my favorite mangoes on sale this week, it killed me to pass it up!
      Pickles are soooo good in salads! I love the vinegary salty crunch!

      Delete
  2. Gotta say i never would have tried vanilla kombucha..!!
    I am anti banana so they’re never in my smoothies- my favorite no banana smoothie is spinach (frozen works), blueberries or whatever berries (also frozen), a big spoon of nut butter, and enough almond milk to bring it together. The nut butter makes it creamy and thicker, and the berries make it fruity tasting- kind of a pb and j vibe but with lots of spinach ;) oh- and if you do use frozen spinach the bag of frozen leaves is waaay easier to blend than breaking off a chunk of a frozen box of spinach.
    I make dinner salads like that all the time! Haha! Literally with sunflower seeds, and something pickled (or kimchi) and hot meatless balls or patty and whatever other raw veg are around. It’s really satisfying!
    Apparently rutabagas and turnips are considered low carb potato alternatives, might be worth trying to turn those into baked fries
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't do raw spinach or kale. They're bad for hypothyroidism raw so smoothies have already been a challenge. But I definitely like adding peanut butter for that peanut butter and jelly vibe!
      It's so funny that you say sunflower seeds because halfway through this sala I remembered sunflower seeds! They're the best on a salad!
      I used to love turnips and rutabagas! I'll have to experiment with them, I haven't had either in years!

      Delete
  3. I love a burger over some salad, it is such a great simple meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love the contrast of textures and temperatures!!

      Delete
  4. I saw a Brew Dr. flavor called Clear Mind on sale at a local store. Is this flavor any good in your opinion? What's a fair price for this stuff? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember trying that flavor and it wasn't my favorite. I didn't hate it, I just remember it was almost just plain flavored, and I do like a flavored booch. My favorite Brew. Dr. flavors are love, ginger lemon and now the vanilla oak.
      I usually buy it when it's on sale for under three dollars. That's what I always look for! You know you're having a super lucky day when you find it for under two dollars!!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Since I am not a fan of plain flavored anything really, I will have to skip this one. Too bad though, the sale is two bottles for four dollars. The savings won’t make up for the lack of drinking enjoyment, haha. I’m going to look around for the vanilla oak. A root beer or cream soda vibe does sound tasty!

      Delete
    3. Two for four dollars is such a good price!! Maybe you should try at least one. You might like it. If you do try one, let me know what you think. I think it dies have some flavoring, it's just that it's really subtle.

      Delete
  5. I will totally have to try that vanilla oak flavor if I see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I was scared to try it, but it's really, really good. I feel like it's a sophisticated booch?

      Delete
  6. Your salad looks great for a simple meal, lots of fun toppings!

    ReplyDelete