Saturday, March 9, 2019

Trader Joe's and Sprouts Haul

Well, the good news is that I made it to Trader Joe's yesterday. The bad news is that mid morning Fridays are almost as bad as Saturdays. I remember the glorious days when I didn't work until midnight and could go when they first opened up. 
I'm going to be having lots of big salads and smoothies for breakfast this week. It's almost spring and I just want to spring clean myself!
Bananas, avocado,carrots,Persian cucumbers,oranges, potatoes, Romaine, lemons, sweet mini peppers
Acai packets, coconut milk, cauliflower gnocchi, tulsi tea, canned black and garbanzo beans, balsamic vinaigrette, agave/maple blend,taco seasoning, vegan mayo, lime fruit bars,chocolate chips,frozen strawberries, spicy mustard,red lentils, fruit button leather,tofu and Mediterranean hummus
I decided to try the Mediterranean hummus this week because Sara always says it's her favorite! I've been loving rice cakes with hummus for a snack. If I'm feeling fancy I slice a Persian cucumber on top!
I saw someone post about this on Instagram, and yesterday I saw it with my own two eyes. I feel very conflicted about this. On one hand, I'm curious, and I do love their cauliflower crust so I'm open to this idea, but on the other hand I feel a very strong NO. I feel like pizza crust should never be green, and I'd rather have kale and broccoli on my pizza, not the base for my pizza. I just don't know. Will you try this?
Alexia garlic fries, avocados, seaweed wraps, red pepper, yogurt, basil, green grapes, rice cakes, Dr.Praeger's burgers,vegan brown gravy mix,live probiotic soda

I also went to Sprouts just for a few things. All frozen items are twenty percent off this week, so I decided to try the Alexia garlic fries and the Dr. Praeger's burgers. It's a gochujang burger which is a new to me flavor.
I decided to have a beige meal last night. It's been awhile since I've had a good old beige dinner, and I figured since I'm going super veg heavy this week why not. I had a random Sprouts grillers burger in my freezer, so I had that with one of the new to me Dr.Praeger's burgers and some garlic fries. The fries are good, nice and garlicky and the gochujang burger is okay. It tastes great, I can taste the gochujang and the sesame oil. But it's the texture. It's pretty mushy. I mean there's mushy and then there's mushy. I bet it would be a lot better on a bun with some crispy veggies to offset the mush.

11 comments:

  1. The green pizza crust is probably too weird for me; I remember years ago when there was the trend of green ketchup, etc. -- it freaked me out so much, haha! Yay for a beige meal, though that's too bad about the mushy burger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally remember the green ketchup, it was terrifying!! I think the crust is too weird for me too. The more I think about it the more weird it gets!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh what great hauls! Hooray for the Mediterranean Hummus, I hope you love it!! I think it's a good size container for the price too! I totally forgot about those lime fruit bars, I need to get those when it starts to get warm again! I am a fan of a good beige meal every once in a while and yours looks delicious! It's too bad about the texture of the burger though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the hummus! You have great taste. It's so, so creamy. And I totally agree about the cost and the size of the tub!
      The lime bars are so good, and they are the best in the summer!!
      I love a good beige meal myself, and it had been far too long since I had one!!

      Delete
  3. Dr Praeger’s patties are all super mooshy! I like the flavor of their original but the moosh factor is a problem.
    I read a hysterical review of that new green cauli crust and they hated it a lot- yet loved the all cauli crust.
    Smoothie and salads for breakfast sound good to me! I feel like the only weirdo not that into acai....? Maybe it’s tasty blended with banana and that’s the disconnect since I don’t do bananas.
    That Mediterranean hummus is good! I’m still on a serious time out from anything hummus-like but it’s been around for years and is really creamy.
    Looks like it was a good shop worth dealing with a busy store!
    Ttrockwood
    Ps
    Is there any way to get swapped off the crazy late shift? I feel like you’ve been there long enough to have some seniority

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Bombay burgers from Dr. Praeger's, they're definitely the least mushy. But the rest, it's a problem.
      I'm not into acai either. But I was reading about how healthy it is so sometimes I make myself. But it's pretty spendy even at Trader Joe's so I only get it once in awhile. I keep hoping the flavor will grow on me, but so far it hasn't! But I definitely cannot imagine it without banana!!
      I have asked to get off the late shift s many times. I'm always met with "you were hired for this shift" which isn't even true. I was told I would have the late shift a few times a week, not every shift. And I don't have seniority over other cashiers, they've all been there a hundred years. I've started job hunting again because that's the only way I will get off that shift!!

      Delete
    2. Sending you all of the good vibes possible on the job search, you deserve a lot more! I’m currently looking myself so I know it’s certainly not an easy process
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  4. I’m glad there have been a lot of hummus taste tests on this blog and some really good opinions. By any chance, have you tried any of these desert hummus (snickerdoodle, vanilla bean, choc-o-mint, red velvet, brownie batter, pumpkin pie)? Harmons and Target usually stocks them. Do you know if they are good enough to splurge on? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of the dessert hummus! I was looking at a dark chocolate hummus not too long ago at Smith's, but I chose not to get it. I am skeptical, but at the same time I love black bean brownies and chickpea chocolate chip blondies so I need to open my mind!!

      Delete
  5. I cannot try the pizza crust as I live far far away from the pizza crust. But I would probably try it at least once just because you know how I love ridiculous things. Then I would continue eating delicious regular pizza crusts forever more.

    How about instead of putting vegetables into pizza crusts, they spend that time and money on getting a decent bready gluten free vegan pizza crust for you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like there would have to be something yummy that could happen with that pizza crust. Like a white sauce maybe? With baked tofu, vegan mozzerella and something full of flavor like roasted red bell pepper or sun dried tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete